RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Nitro Stadium Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-nitro-stadium-trucks-243/)
-   -   new to the rc sport (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-nitro-stadium-trucks-243/7999879-new-rc-sport.html)

praz123 09-28-2008 07:30 PM

new to the rc sport

hi i want to get a rc nitro stadium truck but i know nothing . i was lookin at the traxxas nitro sport . it is suppose to be good for someone like me . is this a good choice?
also what all do i have to purchase to run it ?
thanks for you help i appreciate it .
bill

Chris_RC 09-28-2008 07:32 PM

RE: new to the rc sport

battery and charger for the ez start, glow starter, extra glow plugs, 20% fuel,glow plug wrench, fuel bottle, and I bet I missed 1 or 2.

james#17 09-28-2008 07:50 PM

I would go with a Rustler, evader, or find a rc10gt (used)....

futureboy1969 09-28-2008 09:31 PM

The Sport is alot of fun. The pro 15 in mine is realy fast. and it's pretty tough too.

fasty 09-30-2008 08:10 AM

IM new to the sport to.I got the HPI firestorm thou.
Only because I've been reading a lot on the best and cheaper nitro rc and it is the firestorm.
I didn't want to get a expensive rc and mess it up cuss IM a newbie.

NitroNate 09-30-2008 10:29 AM

The Firestorm is a little more exspensive than the nitro sport,but has a lot more overall value than the sport.The sport is a great starter truck for a newbie mainly because of parts support and popularity.But the Firestorm will offer more power,durability,and a very low price for its sheer performance.The sport however,is a bit expensive for as long as it was avalible and,if I dare say,cheaper quality parts.

shadetree12354 10-18-2008 09:15 PM

does anyone know anything about the redcat 1/10 scale r.t.m. volcano? I am thinking about getting one but would like to know if ther are upgrades for them and if they are any good if anyone has any feedback please help thanks. shadetree

praz123 10-19-2008 07:24 AM

Hey thanks for all the info .

dannthenitroman 10-19-2008 09:10 PM

Sport is a good beginners truck. I would recommend replacing the shocks and rear shocktower as the shocks arent thats good and are sort of weak and the rear tower is similar. apart from that your good to go. :) oh, and ball bearings soon if they dont already come with them stock.

Dann

scrambles12 10-19-2008 10:23 PM

i have a xtm x-cellerator and it is FAST and its like 250$ its pretty nice

241 racing 10-20-2008 07:38 AM

ORIGINAL: shadetree12354

does anyone know anything about the redcat 1/10 scale r.t.m. volcano? I am thinking about getting one but would like to know if ther are upgrades for them and if they are any good if anyone has any feedback please help thanks. shadetree
I would suggest you look elsewhere,I have had a few Red Cats and would never get another there pretty cheap.The volcano has lot's of issues that you can read about on the Red Cat forum.Just remember alot of the good they talk about is from Red Cat dealers or are the higher up's at Red Cat so take what they say with a grain of salt if you know what I mean.My best advice is to look elsewhere for sure parts are hard to get aswell so I would look at a Hpi mt2 or something of the like.Good luck and do some reasearch on the Volcano before you buy one.

Praz I would have to agree with Nate the Firestorm is a great value and hard to beat.

dannthenitroman 10-20-2008 07:31 PM

Your looking for a truck with good part support in your area. Popular. Ball bearing transmission and axles. standard sized tyres and hopefully metal shocks. find something that fits that description and then ask about it here.

Dann

scrambles12 10-21-2008 07:27 PM

ORIGINAL: 241 racing

I would suggest you look elsewhere,I have had a few Red Cats and would never get another there pretty cheap.The volcano has lot's of issues that you can read about on the Red Cat forum.Just remember alot of the good they talk about is from Red Cat dealers or are the higher up's at Red Cat so take what they say with a grain of salt if you know what I mean.My best advice is to look elsewhere for sure parts are hard to get aswell so I would look at a Hpi mt2 or something of the like.Good luck and do some reasearch on the Volcano before you buy one.

Praz I would have to agree with Nate the Firestorm is a great value and hard to beat.
ya redcat is nice i was gonna get a redcat but then i saw the x-cellerator. ionly like hpi red cat and xtm

Checkpointracer 10-21-2008 09:27 PM

ORIGINAL: scrambles12

ORIGINAL: 241 racing

ya redcat is nice i was gonna get a redcat but then i saw the x-cellerator. ionly like hpi red cat and xtm

With the slight exception of hpi those are pretty low rent compared to whats out there.;)

And why do you only like those companies? Have you ever had another car?

To OP: The sport is decent for beginners from what I hear, check out the firestorm and the GT2 and the xxx-nt though, those are all quite nice, I got a GT2 rs as my first nitro and its been great to me.

scrambles12 10-22-2008 04:30 PM

i like xtm cuz thats the brand i have. if i had a job i would definetly get like a nice hpi firestorm or savage 4.6

muddyninja1 11-03-2008 11:14 PM

hey praz, i may be too late to through my 2 cents in, but first thing you should do is check your local hobby shop. what are the 2-3 brands that they carry? parts? then are you new to rc's completely? if so you should then look at 4 wheel drive trucks. they are easier to drive/control as they "stick" to they track better. are you planning to race, or bash? this can save you money down the road. hpi is my favorite brand, and the mt2 is a great truck. as is the firestorm, but i believe it is 2wd. (mt2 is 4wd)2 and 4wd vehicles handle differently. tamiya is a great product too. losi, associated, are usually used to race. others are too, but more at a local track level. are you looking at nitro only? i have about 20+ years experience in electric, and have recently been bitten by the NITRO bug! man these nitros are awsome. tricky to tune, etc. does your local hobby shop have someone that will be willing to help you out? do you plan to run with friends? if so, what trucks are they using? if you run/race with friends, it is more fun to have the same vehicles as they do. that way, when you get good, and beat them, they can't blame your superior skills to the fact that your truck is better! hope i helped ya. this forum is a great place for help. oh and i think the hpi mt2 has the largest section on here! 726 pages! so, yeah there are a few of us that like this truck. good luck with your decission, and truck.

praz123 11-04-2008 08:38 AM

Hey thanks for all the help . I did go with the Nitro Sport . I am finding out each day i have to ajust the fast idle screw for it to accelerate without stalling out. I went to watch a few races but i will not be doing that for a reel long time .

usa98030 11-04-2008 10:33 PM

Awwwwwwww u should of just got a rustler and i had a coupon code that would of got it down to 264 on amain. Next time wait for me!!!!! i suggest to everyone to get a nitro rustler you can mod it until it gets up to about 67. Thats whats mine doing right now. Also, in a month or too ure going to get tired of the 40 mile an hour slowness of that little thing. And if you have money later one get a BAJA for HPI!!!!!!:D I got one and i love it. nice to smell GASOLINE in the morning[:-].

scrambles12 11-04-2008 11:31 PM

ya hpi is really nice 4 more experienced drivers