Community
Search
Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

Tamiya paints Unavailable!

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 09:10 PM
kochj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tamiya paints Unavailable!

Anyone know what the deal is??
No one has any!....

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/category.php?sub-id=56000|59000|61500|64000|64900

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...SM&C=RHG&V=TAM

Old 06-22-2011, 08:03 PM
Southern Cross

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Tamiya paints Unavailable!

I just spotted this thread...I was wondering the same thing. I've been having trouble finding colors for a battleship I am building. I have about a million bottles of Tamiya red, white and blue goodness...but every frackin time I get a new model I need to buy a new color! I was told that the recent earthquake has been causing delays in shipping for all kinds of imports from Japan. I know that in the video game arena shipments have been smaller. I saw evidence of that at my local GameStop when two ladies were fighting over a Nintendo 3DS!
Old 10-22-2011, 05:16 PM
hybridshocker74

Guys since the tsunami almost 9 months ago or more they have not shipped a thing to the us. Supposedly I heard nov 1 they start shipping
Old 10-26-2011, 12:15 PM
LaTuFu
My Feedback: (1)

There are a lot of products from that region of the world that are in short supply.  Honda dealers have been hurting all year because of the shortage of parts.  New car inventories are way down as a result.

Many of the products in our hobby are affected, too.  Brushless motors, ESCs, LiPos...the list of products manufactured or distributed from there is fairly large.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:21 PM
HobbyGuyModels

Same problem here, its going to take a while for them to work through the back log before new orders get filled. Really frustrating. Been focusing my attention on lexan projects till I get the colors to get back to work on my sprues.