Community
Search
Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

spraying Faskolor directly on plastic?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 07:16 AM
JawzSS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default spraying Faskolor directly on plastic?

have been airbrushing a couple of bodies and wanted to change the color of the wing on my mini revo.. I was wondering if i could just spray the wing directly with the faskolor.. I feel as though it would just peel.scrape off but i didnt know if there was something I could use as a base coat or top coat to cure it..

thanks
Old 11-05-2012, 11:21 AM
Anthoop

Default RE: spraying Faskolor directly on plastic?

It will adhere better to the plastic if you key it with a fine abrasive pad (grey scotchbrite) and use a plastic adhesion promoter...you will also need to spray laquer to make it shiny....allow sufficient drying between coats.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:04 AM
JawzSS

ORIGINAL: Anthoop

It will adhere better to the plastic if you key it with a fine abrasive pad (grey scotchbrite) and use a plastic adhesion promoter...you will also need to spray laquer to make it shiny....allow sufficient drying between coats.
any recommendations for adhesion promotors and laquer? is this somthing that I can spray out of my airbrush?

Old 11-07-2012, 09:39 AM
Anthoop

In the UK there are many different brands of adhesion promoter available in aerosol cans...or can be bought by the half litre for use in spray guns.
Go to an auto store and see if they have an aerosol.

For laquer, again the auto store should have a cellulose aerosol that will work.