Community
Search
Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

What Colors Would You Say These Are?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 08:59 PM
Nickerz
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Colors Would You Say These Are?

I'm trying to find the closest match for the Orange and Blue in the pics below and I hope someone can help. My hobby shop carries Tamiya & Pactra paint. So can anyone confirm what colors the Orange and Blue in the pics below are called?

ORANGE COLOR:
Is it the General Lee orange? Tide orange? Someone said it looks more like a Sunkist orange or Tangerine orange.

Pactra has an orange called [link=http://www.rcplanet.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=PACRC56&click=109537&gdftrk=gdfV23720_a_7c1734_a_7c7524_a_7cPACRC56&gclid=CKLhus-y9rYCFQ9dQgodFRgArQ]"Competition Orange"[/link] but does it look too dark compared to the orange in the pics below?

BLUE COLOR:
I'm guessing the blue is the Red Bull Blue but what's the closest to it? Pectra paint has a color called [link=http://www.rcplanet.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=PACRC300&click=109537&gdftrk=gdfV23720_a_7c1734_a_7c7524_a_7cPACRC300&gclid=CNLn_PTL9rYCFcqDQgodEWcA2A]"Cobalt Blue"[/link]

COLOR CHARTS:
[link=http://www.tamiyausa.com/articles/ln/72/PS-chart.pdf]Tamiya...[/link]
[link=http://www.testors.com/category/137919/RC_Car_Lacquers]Pactra...[/link]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig13782.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	1878205   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu65262.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	1878206  
Old 05-04-2013, 01:55 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: What Colors Would You Say These Are?

Left=simple bright orange (50% yellow, 50% red), royal blue and white.
Right=much harder to say, it's like a light Navy Blue.

Remember that depending what color a paint is backed with can change it dramatically and also, most colours are a little lighter than the can label shows. Although that Cobalt blue looks a bit grey to me compared to the one in the pic, if backed with white, it may come out much brighter.

Why do you want to know what the closest actual matches are?
Old 05-04-2013, 07:15 AM
Nickerz

Thanks for your reply!

I don't know which colors these are because they are pics of someone else's cars and I like the colors so much but want to do my own design.

The Orange makes sense by spliting up yellow & red 50%, so thanks for that!. But the blue looks to me to have some purple in it. Does that still fit Royal blue? If so, I'm set!!! But I thought the pic on the right was the same blue as the pic on the left, no? I tried looking up pics of the Red Bull blue but don't know which hobby paint this would be but I totally agree with the Cobalt blue having some grey in it..

Any other tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Old 05-06-2013, 05:34 AM
mlwgf8
My Feedback: (8)

I agree with the orange. I compared it to a picture I have of my car and it is nearly identical. I used the faskolor orange. The blue through the closest match I could find was a faspearl Blue.Hope this helps.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:34 AM
Nickerz

Much appreciated mlwgf8! I'll check that blue out then and see what that lloks like! Good to hear a 2nd confirmation about the orange also!

Thanks!