Community
Search
Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

paint job NOT

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2015, 11:06 AM
donnyonee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default paint job NOT

I can only laugh at myself for getting so screwed.
magma body was $114. coast air brush in Anaheim recommended a painter? namedCharlie Barnes.
his facebook page looked ok. $100 cash deposit balance thru paypal was $60.

end result:
WARNING WARNING DO NOT USE HIM!! I don't know what happened but this guy aclown. I said no flames and he comes back with flame samples. I figured he likeflames so I said real flames / truflames and what garbage that sample was. Isaid rip a fender off with frame rails inside, it looked like it was done by achild. I said 4 windows clear and 3? were clear, 4th was painted solid.but thatleads to the best yet, this painter painted the outside of the body and alsosprayed the windows. I figured hes either a drunk or a meth head, middle of thenite postings? WARNING WARNING DO NOT USE HIM!!!! so he ruined my $114 magmabody and charged me $160 for this garbage. if you held the body to the lightyou can see thru it at what ever was done inside and looks like he tried towipe it off.. unfortunately I didn't check it when I picked it up. it was graband go. my fault. it was already over a week and he said 4 hrs. to paint, in acouple days. during that time I even said I was ready andhe came back with "good takes time", I offered to let him reimbursemy paypal for the body, no comment. and now he wont respond to my calls emailsor texts. his next trick will be to denie all this. for which I have no proofexcept a poor paint job and no receipt. wait I do with paypal, hmmm but goahead and don't say I didn't warn you.

that's what I posted for his fb and he removed it

oh well stuff happens
paypal is working with me on this.
but youll laugh at it when you see it. its embarrassing as heck.
im trying to cover it with stickers.
Old 08-21-2015, 02:10 PM
caci623

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

post some pictures of what your talking about. Charlie Barnes is one of the best known and respected painters in the RC world.