Community
Search
Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

Advice for Createx adhesion on lexan

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2017, 09:55 AM
lifeofbrian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice for Createx adhesion on lexan

I've tried a few test strips and I am fairly happy with the paint, I can bend the lexan and mask it with no problem, but it does scratch off easier than I'd like. I tried putting down clear Autoborne Sealer first but that made no difference. I have a piece that I painted three weeks ago and that comes off just as easy as the one I did today. I compared the Createx paint to a pre painted FTX bodyshell, and I'd say that the pre painted shell is twice as tough on scratches. Could it be that I'm putting it on too thick and not giving it chance to cure properly? I don't think I am but maybe Createx needs a very thin coat, every time I use Tamiya lexan paint in a spray can I just chuck it on and go.
Old 08-18-2017, 03:00 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Race Ready RC Car Painting with Charlie Barnes...he uses Createx paint. He must be doing something right.
Old 08-18-2018, 04:50 PM
klearkoncepts

i use both createx and faskolor . add some 4030 to your createx paint . and are you backing ? with rattle can ?
www.facebook.com/klearkoncepts
Old 11-14-2018, 07:42 AM
caci623

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi
There is often confusion in painting. First step is to clean the body, next apply masks etc. paint first layers in a mist, very thin. Next apply several more thin layers allowing each layer to dry. Now spray a BACKER color so future colors won't change the original color. Example BACK yellow with white, if your not sure which color to back it with mix a light grey or silver color to back it with. WHEN the entire body is painted and BACKED now SEAL the body. Createx makes a SEALER called Gloss Top Coat #5604. Be careful if your backing it with a non acrylic solvent paint as it can damage water based paints. You can easily "scratch the paint until you have SEALED it. Example: Bleeds or over spray can easily be removed with a tooth pick or large areas with rubbing alcohol.
regards
Caci623

Last edited by caci623; 11-14-2018 at 07:46 AM. Reason: additional information
Old 05-25-2021, 07:22 PM
RonaldDreds

Default -

The colors for the steel-nmm looks good to me. But the white is too strong and too thick both in size and layer thickness

On the demon the colors blend much nicer, but a little more contrast would be needed black at the hilt and more importantly the white glare-s