Community
Search
Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

Give Me Some Ideas!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2003, 03:42 PM
TCMan86
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Give Me Some Ideas!

All right guys I'm going to be getting a savage very soon. And I'm putting black springs on it and the engine has a black cooling head. Nothing that I upgrade will have any color. Just black or polished aluminum. The only color I would like to have is in my rims, fuel tubing, air cleaner, exhaust coupler, you know just very simple things like that. Now for the body. I am going to purchase a HPI Dodge Ram body and I need some ideas for a scheme. I'll be painting with basic can colors so I'm kind of limited. Also the main color of my body will be metallic black. What else do you think I should put on my body. For example, racing stripes, tribal flames, flames, flags, or anything like that. Gimme some ideas! Thanks!
Old 11-27-2003, 04:25 PM
otterball21

Default RE: Give Me Some Ideas!

The best way to make a body look good is keep it simple. The more simple you keep it, the better it looks. One way I can imagine the black body is with metallic red flames tribal style. Another style you can do is to make white fade to blue to black flames,(yes you can achieve this with a can.. if you need help you can ask me), you can go with stripes. Alot of dodge rams around have the R/T look. which has two silver stripes down the center. Or you can ghost some flames or lettering on the side of the truck if you want. it all depends on what you would like for your truck.. be creative!
Old 11-27-2003, 07:51 PM
TCMan86

All right then could you help me out. I'd like to do the color phasing technique using flames. But whenever i use masks they always bleed.
Old 11-27-2003, 08:50 PM
otterball21

ok, what kind of masks do you use? apparently your supposed to cut them out before placing them in. I definitely messed that up. I'd tape it off draw the pattern and cut inside the body, a REAL pain! but if you got mask right and you want to make a fade with cans, you make sure you mask off the rest of the body so just the area you want to spray is open, you take some toilet paper, paper towel.. and fold it and you know where you want the color to start to fade. you make sure the paper towel is covering the rest, you don't want to tape it down though, cause then you'll ahve a line, but you want it really close to the lexan, then you spray the color you want for the first part, Give LITTLE coats! DON"T SPRAY TOO THICK AT ONCE! cause this will cause a line, you spray little sprays and then let it dry.. spray again.. and let dry.. and constantly lift the paper towel after spraying to see how much over spray made it over... a little over spray should sneak under the paper towel, the you place it back.. spray the color again.. until the color is pretty solid the there is some over spray all around the edge of the paper towel ot toilet paper.. the you apply your next color. Thus a fade! with cans! without airbrush! Hope that helps.
Old 12-01-2003, 07:30 PM
TCMan86

Thanks this helped alot!