Community
Search
Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

Problems with faskolor paint

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2004, 07:59 PM
dakamat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with faskolor paint

Hello, my name is David and i'am french Canadian guys (is for this reason that you must be tolerent with my english..thank you...). I'am a new commer in body painting. I'have bought a Badger 360 airbrush with the fascolor 2 piston, footswitch, moistur trap and hyper quit compresser. Because i paint in my house, i decide to paint with faskolor . I'have made many test of thinning and shooting at different pressure (from 12 lbs tou 40 lbs) and i'am not able to make fine line, beautiful shadow under a flame like i see in r/c magazine. When i went to make a black shadow, i thin fasblack with rubbing alchool (1/2 portion of alchool for 1 1/2 of fasblack) and when i start to shoot, the first and second shodow is no problems but after that, the paint go out of the airbrush in burst and i can't have the regularity that i want. I have big difficulties to make fine and regular line because the paint don't want to exit of the airbrush with regularity (i have some difficulties to explain it in english). I don't know if i'ts normal, but i'have remark that all athe fascent an purple color in the faskolor line is difficult to go thru the airbrush. I must shoot it at higher pressure and i can't think make small line and fine detail with this colors. Is somebody could tell me wath is the best way to thinning this paint, is the pactra acryl is easiest to shoot or must i go with pactra laquer and install a fan in my house to exit the fume outdoor????? Is my airbrush is a good choice (badger 360) or an iwata eclipse hp-cs would be better????? But i don't think that my airbrush is the problem
Thanks
Old 03-23-2004, 08:11 PM
ICrashThings

Default RE: Problems with faskolor paint

hello new comer from baby america!(lol just wanted to say that j/k) i think your problem is, its just you, maybe u need more practice. what i would do is get those 2 liter bottles of soda, drink them and cut them in half so i could practice what i would want to do. its made from the same material of the bodies we use and paint. or u may have to adjust the air brush. on my air brush on the tip i can screw it in for finer lines and unscrew it for more of a wide range...but i have some generic brand of air brush.

hope i helped, and welcome to rcuniverse!!!!
Old 03-23-2004, 09:21 PM
coro kid

The Fastcolor does have a learning curve,If you can go to the Iwata brush you would be happier.You carry alot of paint with the fastcolor,Createx makes and extender for the paint to thin the coats for flames and shades.But my best advice is to use the stuff and read the other boards on painting with it.It is the way we`ll all be paint someday.
Good Luck
Coro Kid
Old 03-27-2004, 05:17 AM
hsw21

Hi David..
I think Faskolor should be thinned with water because its a water based.
I think I read it somewhere.
Please check again for that.
Maybe thats the problem
Hope this helps.

hsw
Old 03-27-2004, 12:37 PM
otterball21
My Feedback: (1)

Hey, I use faskolor, and I'm using the same same type of brush, I got a badger 150, yours is better, but do you have the fine needle and fine head? Plus, you thinned it way too much. The mixture of faskolor is 1 teaspoon of water for the WHOLE bottle. Hopefully that would help...
Old 03-29-2004, 11:36 PM
dakamat

I don't know if it's the fine needle and nozzle assembly but in the 360 model, i think that they have just one model of nozzle/needle assembly. It's a cone shape needle that make all type of line. Before buy the 360, i'had a 150 model and i know that on the 150, they have f,m and large needle/head.
I'have decide to try the new pactra acryl. I'have bougth some color but i don't have the time to try it. When i'll try it, (pactra have i'ts own thinner for their acrylic paint) i'll put my impressions in this forum.