Community
Search
Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

Painting Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2004, 02:44 PM
HighSierra
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Painting Question

Howdy,

I'm more an airplane guy so i don't really get to these parts of RCU too offten...Anyhow, after looking for at least 2 years for a NIB Kyosho nitro Blizzard, I finally found one at a reasonaable cost from a Hobby store in Hong Kong. My plans are on making it look like a Pisten Bully (Acctual snowcat like in my avitar) and try and get as close to scale as I can (I've got a bit of a fondness for these machines as I've been opperating the real deal for 6 years)... Anyhow my question:

On paint... Do you use Testors spray on the inside, and then fuel proof it on the last couple of coats with a clear fuel proof spray?

On deacls... I'm not going to find any decals allready made so I'm going to print them out...Seems like the best to use (and most affordable) is the Beldecal product (http://www.beldecal.com./inkjet_decals.cfm) .. What do you think??

What abou putting the decals on the inside of the body prior to painting??? Is that a good idea (Thinking about making the decals look less like decals)?? or asking for disaster?

Thanks for the info... and here's a picture of what I'm going for... I'm going to fabricate both the blade and the Tiller (rear implement)

[img][/img]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54899.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	161241  
Old 08-11-2004, 05:28 PM
HighSierra
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Painting Question

Anyone???? SOmeone????
Old 08-11-2004, 05:46 PM
Evo_7

ok, ill have a stab, no one else has, i just painted a body so .
putting decals on the inside of the body, the only place ive seen these is at www.xxxmain.com , its not a rude site bfore u all guess, trust me. they call them internal graphics, u stick them on then spray over them, it looks v.good.as for the spraying, just spray evenlly and back it all up with a silve or white, not nessecary tho. and applying decals tot he outside of the body, use window cleaner. i really didnt understand your post and wot i was supposed to be answering, so i took a guess. hope it helps
Old 08-11-2004, 05:47 PM
Evo_7

oh yeh, seen them things on the web before, let me know wot its like, and possibly a video, i really wanna see that in action.
email: stuart_d2k4@hotmail .com