Community
Search
Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

HPI NISSAN 350Z NISMO

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 04:14 PM
fastcrash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPI NISSAN 350Z NISMO

I just picked this body up, and really want to do a nice job on this one, as it will be my race body for this season. i want it to look clean, but it must also be durable. all my other paint jobs always flake off. and i dont know why. i will be using normal lexan spray paint. anyone who would like to share any trimming tricks would be greatly appreciated........thanx....chris
Old 03-31-2005, 09:04 PM
drifter bai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HPI NISSAN 350Z NISMO

for really good wheel wells and no use of compass cutter, you can use strip of scrap lexan, stick a pin through one end of the strip and center of the wheel well, mark off the radius with a sharpie, on the lexan strip. then you stick a hobby knife blade through the mark made with the sharpie, then just score the body a few times and peel out the circular shape from the well. since the wheel well isnt a perfect circle, youll have to trim the lower edges with scissors. the most important part is to be patient, and score the shell lightly a few more times instead of once or twice really hard. if you do it too hard, the blade will deviate off course and scratch up that new body, or even worse screw up the wheel well by cutting off too much.[X(]

as for the problem with the paint not sticking, you could try scoring the inner of the body very lightly with a sos pad, but dont score the windows or any other part that will remain clear. of corse, this will make the shell slightly less shiney, but it wouldnt make it dull, and the paint will stick better and shoudnt peel as easy.