Community
Search
Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

check this out!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 06:03 PM
boarding2427

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default check this out!!!!!!

some pics of the paintjob that i did. the flames on the jaw mask came out wicked crappy
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf99332.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	114.8 KB
ID:	312471   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu66156.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	312472   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fk16858.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	312473  
Old 08-22-2005, 06:51 PM
boarding2427

Default RE: check this out!!!!!!

what do you guys think? good or bad?
Old 08-22-2005, 11:56 PM
chelopr

I like the green one that's will be nice on the Savage Body
Old 08-23-2005, 10:04 AM
big.mike

ORIGINAL: boarding2427

some pics of the paintjob that i did. the flames on the jaw mask came out wicked crappy
Well they are not too bad for starters. Keep it up, you can't become an awesome painter if you do not have a desire to practice. It looks like the red one on the jaw has mass bleed through, you want to apply the paint in several lighter coats instead of heavy ones.

Bigmike
Old 08-23-2005, 01:49 PM
boarding2427

i no i used really thin paint on that one and i dont like that paint. i threw it away after i did that lol. the blue paint that i use is way thicker and i hafta run the compressor at about 45-50 psi to hav a good stream come out that i like
Old 08-23-2005, 07:32 PM
big.mike

What paints are you using?

Bigmike
Old 08-23-2005, 08:41 PM
boarding2427

i think im using acrylic. but i think im going to go to lexan once i start painting body's. but i bought the acrylic paint at a craft store so i had to thin it and it works great doesnt bleed through or anything. but the other stuff that i am using that i threw out was testors or sumthin like that. its real crap too thin. why what kind do you use?
Old 08-23-2005, 08:48 PM
big.mike

I use Auto Air and House of Kolors paints. The Auto Air is a water based paint and has some real wild colors available, several big names in airbrushing use them and have fantastic results. I like it because it is easy to clean and not as toxic as others out there, it sticks real well to RC Car bodies as well. I have THRASHED my Savage, tore the body, but yet the Auto Air hung on...It didn't even peal where the body ripped, strong stuff. You do not need to reduce it either, shoot it right out of the bottle. House Of Kolors is awesome as well but is a bit harder to do very fine taping with. I have done Marblizing with HoK with awesome effects. And if you are into pearls, both AA and HoK can't be beat.

Bigmike
Old 08-23-2005, 10:32 PM
boarding2427

hey mike do you hav and paint masks flames that you hav that you can send over this forum?(like that you did on the computer) because i would really like to see some and hey i might even use them on my body if i like them. this is what i was thinking of using on the front of the hood on my car:
well i cant put the image on here for sum weird reason but go to here http://www.rcxotic.com/downloads-cat-6.html and it is tribal ll. 1
Old 08-24-2005, 01:14 AM
big.mike

I have around 3500 or so different flame patterns in vector formats, not to mention the over 20,000 other various logo's, sayings, cartoons....etc...I would be here all day A lot of the ones you showed me on the link look totally hand drawn, mine are more precision, like done on a computer. I am going to eventually do stuff to sell but for right now I only do my own stuff on it.

Bigmike
Old 08-24-2005, 02:47 PM
boarding2427

man, that is a LOT of patterns my god is this what you do all day is just paint body's? that must be an awsome job, but frustrating at some times. not bein nosey(well kinda) but how much do you charge for a paintjob?
Old 08-24-2005, 03:31 PM
big.mike

It all depends on the car and the graphics. I probably average around $70 on the Savage, Revo, Traxxas trucks and about $60 on the 200mm Touring bodies, like the Mustangs. On the more extreme side I get $125, like the HPI Mustangs. I don't advertise them here yet because I am sooo busy just from the ebay side. I'll post a body on ebay and get 3-5 side customs just from the listing. Right now I have 5 bodies that are in line to get shot. Most of the bodies I do are unique with an old school muscle car appeal, real cool and clean without being too overdone.

Bigmike
Old 08-24-2005, 05:38 PM
boarding2427

hey mike what do you use to get the paint off the car? because i thought that i would use some goof off on the body and uhhhh that didnt come out too good lol, it kinda turned foggy. so can you tell me what you use if you even use anything?
Old 08-24-2005, 06:15 PM
big.mike

Actually with the water based stuff I just fix it as I go if needed. I know there is some stuff you can buy to remove paint but I'm nt sure what it is. You can always try sanding it off if it is in small areas with like 600+ paper. I use 1000 grit when I do heavy graphics to help the paint stick and not pull up with fine line tape, you just can't use it where you will be painting chrome.

Sorry I'm not too much help on that one[]

Try this link, I refer to it at times when I don't know [link=http://www.rctech.net/articles/painting_hauntedmyst5.shtml]RC Tech[/link]

Bigmike
Old 08-25-2005, 05:57 PM
boarding2427

ok big mike i got some lexan paint today its black and i got it in a spray can. but man they dont give you a hole lot in there you are better off spraying it yourself. but it looks good strait black(outlaw black). and i also got some red that i am going to do for the flames. is there any precautions that i need to take before i stick the plastic label sheet down? like will the paint come off? i wont be doing this until prob. like monday-wednesday because i am going to NH for the weekend