Community
Search
Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

Differences in touring car bodies

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 02:47 PM
OrangeSword

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Differences in touring car bodies

I read everywhere that the Afla Romeo, Stratus 2.0 and Mazada 6 are the bodies most of the pros run on touring cars. But does it really make that much difference. Lets say I run a Caddy CTS or Pontiac G6 from Proline or the Mercedes from HPI or any other touring sytle body. Am I loosing all that much?
Old 04-27-2006, 03:36 PM
speenair

Default RE: Differences in touring car bodies

Some would say yes, but i think the stratus body is ugly and rc cars are not anything like real cars that are actually effected greatly by wind and other forces. Other bodies look way better than the stratus i'd rather look good out there!
Old 04-27-2006, 07:07 PM
calvin33

I don't race but from listening to many people who do, they say there is a little bit of difference in downforce. Also if your going to race make sure that your body is legal. They want to keep the racing close so they make rules on what bodies you can and cannot use.
Old 04-27-2006, 07:23 PM
gunnut

I agree the stratus bodies make me gag and vomit. It'd have to make a BIG BIG difference for me to use one. On a big high speed track aerodynamics might play a small role, but on a typical track I don't see how it could!
Old 04-29-2006, 12:45 PM
C3Racing
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: speenair

Some would say yes, but i think the stratus body is ugly and rc cars are not anything like real cars that are actually effected greatly by wind and other forces. Other bodies look way better than the stratus i'd rather look good out there!

100% Agree on that !!
Old 05-01-2006, 05:49 PM
charlie_b

Yes, aerodynamics makes a differnce. Even if the cars are scaled down, the air isnt. I use all the bodies i paint and you wil have specific bodies work with differnt tracks/conditions. You really have to test out all those bodies to see what i mean. Even the small front airdam will make the difernce between a Stable, Oversteer, or Understeering car. All those bodies used by the pros is not beacuse they LOVE the Stratus, it is because it plainly works. Even Tamiya Bodies at TCS events can make it or break it. And those molds are ALL completely differnt from one another.
Old 05-02-2006, 12:24 AM
Jeff_OKC
My Feedback: (1)

Just like Charlie said... and actually aerodynamics make as large or even a larger difference in an RC car... just think... a 1/0th scale car is going a scale speed of roughly 350-400mph!! (35-40 mph @ 1/10th scale) so that little difference is really quite a lot if you start to factor in air dynamics and resistance and blah blah blah which I don't want to get into right now as I am far to tired for that...
Old 12-03-2006, 04:00 PM
Roundthe bend
My Feedback: (2)

Our 1/10 cars go about 35/40mph.............now do exactly what i did and take your real car out and get someone to to go around the same speed and stick your shell out into the air. It is fairly impressive.
Old 12-03-2006, 07:05 PM
xacdesigns

yep, the bodies do make a difference.