Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

Airbursh Painting Question

Old 07-02-2006, 12:52 PM
re270

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airbursh Painting Question

Today I was painting a body with my airbrush. I’m using a single action Paschee airbrush and Pactra paints thinned 50% paint 50% lacquer thinner at about 35psi. After getting through the third or fourth light coat I noticed that it looked like a bunch of dust got in the fresh paint and ruined the paint job. I couldn’t see how because between coats I put the body back it the bag. After being thoroughly disgusted I put everything up and cleaned my brush, when I dumped the bottle I found small specs of paint floating around in the paint and stuck to the side of the bottle. What did I do wrong? The paint and thinner were brand new and the paint bottle was clean. Can someone help?
Old 07-03-2006, 05:35 PM
MaxxThrasher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Airbursh Painting Question

Unfortunately, this is common when using Pactra paints. The problem lies in the thinner used. You have to use a good quality thinner. M.E.K works best. If the solvent used to thin the paint dries too fast, you'll get flecks. If you don't use the paint fast enough, or don't keep it mixed, this problem can happen. Keep the paint moving. Only put enough in the AB cup to shoot one coat. Shake the paint before filling the AB cup or spraying. Also, if the paint isn't thinned enough, this can happen.