Community
Search
Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

Badger 155-7 Anthem

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 04:36 PM
slodsm
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Badger 155-7 Anthem

Holy crap, talk about a good gun. I used to have a testors pile of crap gun that I paid 70 bucks for with a bunch of paint. Well after reading here for a while and seeing what you guys had to say, I decided to take teh plunge and drop 130 on a decent gun that seemed to have a good reputation.

I can't say enough about this thing. I just finished my first body with it and although my masking skills still need work, this thing worked like a champ. I have to admit, I really wish I would have read here first and bought a badger the first time around and used teh 70 bucks I wasted on the testors for gas or something like that.

No real point to this post other than to express my happiness with this gun but this is the only place I can brag about it because my wife doesn't quite share my enjoyment at the 170 bucks I spent for one body basically lmao.
Old 07-09-2006, 05:13 PM
jonmills

Default RE: Badger 155-7 Anthem

thats the one i was gonna get. thought it looked pretty smart. but then i decided to get an iwata instead.
anyway, glad u like it . post some results at some point.
shouldve told the wifey it cost less than it did
Old 07-09-2006, 05:20 PM
slodsm

John, if the work on the Camaro body in the other thread was done with the iwata, you don't need an airbrush, you just need some time and an idea. That was probably one of the top ten most amazingly detailed bodies I have ever seen. I will post pics of my pig in about an hour. I just finished peeling the window masks and the protective tape off it. Definately a night and day difference from both my testors and my usual paint cans. I am pleased and need another body so I can get more practice as I am hooked now.
Old 07-09-2006, 05:31 PM
jonmills

cheerz dude. thats what i was sayin to someone else in another thread......addictive. yeh ive done that camaro the other day n already got a lambo n bmw sat on the side waiting for a lick of paint.
thats the best bit, peelin off that film and seein that fresh shiny shell.its like christmas all over again
Old 07-09-2006, 06:14 PM
slodsm

LMAO, ok, here she is, definately not on par with your camaro yet, but it's my first so I have some more practicing to do here.

Old 07-10-2006, 02:26 AM
jonmills

man, thats real good for ur first one. turned out good. cant wait to see the next[sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 07-10-2006, 05:14 AM
slodsm

Thanks man, learning how to use the liquid mask was probably the hardest part. Once I leared you could use your fingernail to remove it when it had been scored, it started getting MUCH easier. I will spend more time on the next one as I won't get so frustrated lol.
Old 07-10-2006, 07:10 AM
jonmills

use an old xacto blade or airbrush needle to peel, theyre a bit more precise
Old 07-10-2006, 09:39 AM
slodsm

I was using the xacto knife to peel but it was taking no kidding 5 plus minutes per square on the checkered flag. When I just started making the incision where I wanted it, using the exacto to start the peel and every so slightly pulling with my fingernail after that, it cut it down to a minute or so per square.

I tried everything else I knew how to do and it just didn't want to come up otherwise.

I think I will use thicker liuid mask next time as it could be because I didn't coat it very thick for my 3 coats and I heard that helps. It did a good job though because I didn't get one drop of paint where I didn't want it.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:50 AM
jonmills

thats what i meant...to start to peel with the xacto then use ur fingers when u got a good bit to grab.
thats another thing i was gonna say, to make sure ur lm was on fairly thick. i did that once putting it on to thin....nightmare!
yeh, i thought u did a good job on the checkers, nice n clean lookin[sm=thumbup.gif]