Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies
Reload this Page >

hi im new here can you help me? or maybe i can help you?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

hi im new here can you help me? or maybe i can help you?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 01:51 AM
extremepaint

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hi im new here can you help me? or maybe i can help you?

or maybe i can help you?

my names ben aka kasper (long story ) and i've been painting with that chrome thingy with the trigger for about 5-6 years now.... and in that time i've never posted on this board [X(] im just a busy guy i guess.... any who here is some of the paint work i've done in the past couple months or so....

by the way if any of you would be so helpfull i just got my site up and need some honest opinions to make it more user freindly
www.extremepaint.biz

so if any of you aspireing painters need any help dont be afraid to ask!
Old 07-10-2006, 02:59 AM
jonmills

Default RE: hi im new here can you help me?

i thought u were havin a laugh with that thread title.
i love the big rig,awesome, i see it in that comp on cfx a while ago. plus was it for u or a customer n if it was a customer how much did u charge for it, just out of curiosity.
all ur works good. on the flag i assume u do the shading in the ripples first or do u do the white real light n back with black to make it darker.
anyway, ill check ur site sometime soon.
Old 07-10-2006, 11:38 AM
TWERPA
My Feedback: (19)

UR INSANE!!!!!!!!! You do an awesome paint job wit that chrome thingy(lol)..You have a lot of idea's and detail to your madness.Wish I was able to buy one.. .Maybe one day but til then keep up the good work.
Old 07-10-2006, 04:12 PM
extremepaint

here is what 5 years of practice gets you

i know its not rc but it does give you an idea of my talent
Old 07-12-2006, 07:21 AM
dewy32

Default RE: hi im new here can you help me? or maybe i can help you?

are you kidding me??? you are a phenom. i am new to r/c and more so with painting, but i know that takes some serious talent. to do that on a canvas or shirt is - i'm sure - hard enough, but to put that stuff on the body of an r/c car has got to be though.

anyway, as i mentioned before i am new to all of this, so, do you have any basic tips for a begginer? what to do before, during and after your painting? with me being new i will at this time be using that cylinder shaped object that rattles when you shake it. probably just two colors to start with. i like the look of speed streaks on the bodies, so if you have any thoughts on how do those it would be greatly appreciated.

i will be checking out your site.
Old 07-12-2006, 02:27 PM
extremepaint

check out www.cfxpaintworks.com you can find a ton of paint info over there! for streaks an airbrush is a valuable tool but i think with a litte injenuity you could figure something out.... maybe a piece of cardboard with a thin slot cut out of it then just hit it with the can the distance the cardboard is from the surface will determine how the final streak looks.
Old 07-12-2006, 04:53 PM
greasysnowball

dude. you are one of my inspirations now. i love your work. congrats, you have talent. As for me, im still awaiting my first kit. lol. (not enough dough yet ). dont ever put it to waste man. keep it up and i hope to see more work from ya.

Michael Harkey
Old 07-15-2006, 01:50 PM
buckwild
My Feedback: (1)

ausome work dude
i am a rc boat man my shelf and i was woundering if you would paint a boat or two for me just tell me a price i have a idea in mind for one boat and i just order another boat and it will need paint after i build it and tweek it in just let me know what you think and how much time you have or i could wate for winter[&o]