Community
Search
Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

Good value?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 05:27 PM
mouser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Good value?

I'm sort of new to painting, and I'm considering getting a Paasche VL Set with a Paasche D500 Air Compressor. Are these any good or is there better equipment I can get for a similar price?
Old 07-17-2006, 09:02 AM
MaxxThrasher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Good value?

The VL is a great brush, very versital. I don't know enough about the compressor to comment, but I'm sure it would work great, especially if they are selling it as a set. If it sounds like a good deal to you, then go for it! There are better brushes and compressors out there, but much more expensive. You won't find anything better for the same price.
Old 07-17-2006, 11:00 AM
mouser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you for your input, I'll go ahead and order those when I have the chance.
Old 07-17-2006, 03:22 PM
evomac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I picked up the VL pro brush set used from a guy at my local track. I have to say for the price they are a terrific value. For now it is more then enough to learn on. Eventually I might upgrade to a higher quality brush, but it seems to do everything that I want it to do.

As far as the compressor I am not really too certain on it. However I can say as a whole people tend to prefer a standard air compressor over a "airbrush compressor". Generally the tanks are smaller and the pressure isn't quite capable of the standard compressors. The one plus to airbrush compressors is that they tend to be much quieter then the standard one. If you don't plan on using it for additional tools or cleanup of your RC, you should be fine.

Hope that helped.

Regards,
-Evo-