Community
Search
Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

Painting

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2003, 12:12 AM
hardlanding7

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Painting

I have never painted an RC car before, I don't even own one right now. I want one for my b-day, but anyway, i have heard that u just get a clear body. If this is true, do the instructions tell you what color to paint what? and what kind of paint it used? Where can i buy it (preferably online, we don't have many hobbie shops around here)?
Old 01-15-2003, 01:29 AM
Gear-Head
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Painting

There really are no instructions, a lot of newer ready to run kits come with pre-painted bodies. All you have to do is put the decals on. If you want a custom body you can purchase a clear lexan body and paint it with a special flexable paint used for RC bodies. The paint is applied on the inside of the body so when you crash it does not distroy the paint. Once you get the hang of it, it really is a lot of fun!!! If you have any questions feel free to shoot em my way!
Old 01-21-2003, 11:52 PM
nopistonRX7

Default Painting

Yeah they usually come clear. beside you'll probably get sick of the body or paint job anyway so you might as well learn how to paint one. You don't have to paint the car the way the box or something shows. Paint it any color you want. If you're going for a specific car like the Denso Supra then you would look at the decals that are supplied and figure out what colors and sceme you need to paint the car. Words of advice: Start with just a one or two color job. Paint the lightest colors first! Then back the light colors with either silver gold or black. I prefere silver it doesn't darken the really light colors. When masking off a custom paint job make sure to press the edges down firmly so no paint leaks down under the tape. don't expect your first body to come out perfect. I did about 8 multi-color car bodies before I got a "perfect" one. Practice makes "perfect"! good luck/ have fun!
Old 01-23-2003, 09:52 PM
mbba2002
Banned
My Feedback: (10)

Default Painting

you can buy bodies allready painted (but you will pay more). If you plan to paint (paint only inside)your body Make sure to wash the body with soap and water first (letting it dry well) before painting. Try using Dupli-color auto paint. It is fool prof. Make sure to get the adhesion promoter to adher the paint well(the promoter is clear). then chose what ever color you want. Cost is cheaper than the special the paint you buy at hobby store. You get more for your money.