Community
Search
Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

little help please. thanks.

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 04:29 PM
djheptic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default little help please. thanks.

i would just like to ask a quick question.
i have got a picture off the internet you may know of it "no fear" the eyes, and i want to put it on my bonet of my rc body shell. shall i use it as a mask or stick it on? if i was to use it as a mask how would i stick it on? what with. If it has to be a picture does it have to be glossy, if so should i use the premium glossy paper for printers?

Regards. Ben
Old 11-28-2006, 08:34 PM
Tim_B

Default RE: little help please. thanks.

I would use it as a mask and just spray on a little 3M Spray Adhesive to the side of the pattern you want to stick. You don't need alot sprayed on though, just enough to get it to bond long enough to paint over it. After that just use rubbing alcohol in very small amounts on a Q-tip to clean off any residue that the adhesive left behind after you peel the pattern off. I have used this method a few times on other things as well and find it very useful.

Hope this helps you!

-Tim
Old 11-29-2006, 11:39 AM
djheptic

thanks for the help buddy
Old 11-29-2006, 12:40 PM
Tim_B

Not a problm, I'm glad to help. Just remember, Dark colors first and use very thin coats at a time to prevent blotching and running.

-Tim