RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

Botched BMW M3 GT body :(

Old 02-27-2007, 01:59 PM
UNITED RC

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Botched BMW M3 GT body :(

Very nice! you busted that one out quickly.

I just set the first layer of paint down on my new body.
Old 02-27-2007, 03:18 PM
fugadude

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

"btw are you running double screen on ur pc just asking cos i was wondering if it was u on a nother post about the scrren size we run on"

I run 3 monitors on all my systems, do you see the other one to the left? It's only off because I'm installing a new card for it. It's just a way more productive way to do work. especially when it comes to cross refrencing or multiple data sources and combining for design etc.
Old 02-27-2007, 03:30 PM
fugadude

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yeah I got impatient that's why it got done so fast haha. My wheels for it came today and I have to say I'm really liking it so far. The chrome wheels add a lot that's missing from the body. I think I could add some chrome on the wing and like it more. hmm
Old 03-04-2007, 05:32 AM
rushevoross

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: fugadude

"btw are you running double screen on ur pc just asking cos i was wondering if it was u on a nother post about the scrren size we run on"

I run 3 monitors on all my systems, do you see the other one to the left? It's only off because I'm installing a new card for it. It's just a way more productive way to do work. especially when it comes to cross refrencing or multiple data sources and combining for design etc.
kool, does that mean you can run 3 different programmes, all on screen at the same time. or does it mean one big screen?
Old 03-04-2007, 06:23 AM
fugadude

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yeah I can run 3 separate or 1 over all. I like the wallpaper too I have some cool ones from Nasa's earth observatory that I can look at that are big enough to cover all three monitors at once. I also have some massive panoramic photos I took at a number of places from the grand canyon to the great wall etc. that I spread over the monitors. One thing I haven't figured out how to do though is make video play on all monitors at once for a big screen. I have an HDTV card though so I can watch HDTV on one monitor and play a movies on the other two. It's quite handy I reccomend everyone get into using multiple monitors.

Some games like flight simulator support multiple monitor use, but most I just shut down the other two monitors to play. The flight simulators you can add a big array of monitors I've sen like 9 monitors hooked up in pics online pretty crazy hehe
Old 03-04-2007, 06:35 AM
rushevoross

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

how do you set them up?, i.e what cables?
Old 03-04-2007, 07:39 AM
fugadude

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Well it depends on what video cards you use. I usually have one high end CAD/3D card on my system and will put either 1 cheap or 2 cheap PCI cards to run the others. These can be problematic. I have one system which uses two SLI cards which are mated together on the newer PCI express. You definitly want ultramon or some utility you can add task bars to each monitor. There's a lot of added functionality. There are some other ways to go Matrox makes triple head to go. It's a system that will allow you to go three heads in open GL (I think I could do stretched video across all my monitors with this) i'll have to look into it

As for cables they're pretty much just standard. You have either a VGA or DVI coming out of your video card to each LCD. Sometimes you have a DVI that splits into two VGA's. It depends on the card manufacturer. I have different setups on my different systems. You'll definintly have 2 video cards unless you were to do a so a lot of times it's wise to really think about everything you want to do because if you want to add an ATI HDTV card you will have to deal with having to have an ATI video card to use it. Then there are other driver issues, some cards don't work as well together as others.

LCD's are way cheap today so it's an excellent time to go multi monitor. You'll be surprised at how much faster you can work. Especially if you're smart about your GUI, I use windowblinds and the "Black Hole" skin. It allows me a lot of different things I can do with each of the windows that windows standard just doesn't do.

Few good sites to look to get reliable and specific information (from their forums) as to the best hardware to get.

hardocp.com
anandtech.com
arstechnica.com
tomshardware.com
Old 03-04-2007, 07:45 AM
rushevoross

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

thankyou, hope to get another graphics card and cables to link up two 20inch crt screens[8D]
Old 03-04-2007, 07:47 AM
rushevoross

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ps i already have the screens[sm=punching.gif]
Old 03-04-2007, 07:58 AM
fugadude

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Well if you want to go with 2 monitors you can easily find a card that will let you do that with only one card. Then you just hook up the cables you have on the monitors you have and stick them on your desk. Very easy to do
Old 03-14-2007, 01:17 AM
PaulC2K

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Just to interupt you 2 talking about Monitors.... :P

Bob Dively's, as with every other opinion you've probably heard, im also going to say this stuff rocks!
I havent seen anything else on the market as good as this, its exactly what it should be.

My personal preferance when it comes to application of this paint is completely unique... I use my fingers
Just pour the damn stuff into the bodyshell, get your hand in there and smooth it over the bodyshell nice and easy until you have a decent amount on there. You dont want too much on there as it'll come up too easy, but asside from the fun/mess of doing it by hand its much quicker (probably quicker in my 19" CRT days, wonderful bodyshell heaters you know!).
Stuff brushes streaking the surface so its not so even, forget clogging up your airbrush with LM, get out ya digits and get stuck in!

Old 03-17-2007, 02:17 AM
Lopes08191988

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

fugadude ,, what do you do for a living if you have like fifty grand just in computer equipment ..........
Old 03-17-2007, 11:57 AM
fugadude

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I do landscaping for the city of Los Angeles, heh (I hear it pays really well) Seriously I own/operate a number of international companies providing a variety of industrial/commercial products and services (manufacturing/consulting). Also everything in that picture is worth a lot less than 50K. Probably about 15K tops and quickly depreciating . It's always the software that empties your pockets out
Old 03-19-2007, 05:09 PM
nitro_man

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

nice nice
Old 03-21-2007, 04:40 PM
xracer27

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

United RC; I always do my dark colors first so that I dont take the chance of ruining any bright colors in case of bleed. The method I use so that I can still see the marks on the outside of the body is to use low tack masking tape on the inside of the body to protect any areas of detail after the liquid mask has been applied and dried. Once you are ready to work on the detailed section you simply pull off the masking tape and you can still see the marks on the body. A word of advice, If you have some tape that runs past the edge of the body and you fold it over and stick the excess to the outside of the body, remove it very carefully preferably peeling from the outside of the body to the inside, or you can accidentally pull the protective film up as well...
Old 03-22-2007, 11:08 PM
fugadude

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I used Diveley on another shell, oh yeah this stuff rocks I just applied one really thick coat going over the car three times with the brush, and let it dry with a fan for about 8 hours and was ready to go. When you do the liquid mask just thin enough to peel (something to learn with some experience) it's much easier to cut. If you do it too thick it makes cutting the mask a bit harder. I'll never use that Parma crap again.

Search this Thread