Community
Search
Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

painting wings

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 08:53 PM
flash07

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default painting wings

I order a hyper 8 wing and well I dont want it to be white I want it to be blue.All I know is that I need to use rits clothing dye.But I dont know how to use it,will any body help me with my problem?
Old 03-21-2007, 12:26 AM
jgeck90

Default RE: painting wings

use blue spray paint.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:37 PM
fugadude

Default RE: painting wings

Taken from RPM's website www.rpmproducts.com

A: All RPM nylon parts can be dyed with outstanding results! This includes parts that are natural white, yellow, blue, etc. The key to remember is that you can only dye a part darker than its current color. For example, a yellow part can be dyed orange, red, green ,blue, purple, etc., yet a blue part can only be dyed a darker shade of blue, dark purple or black.
To get started, simply boil some water, add some Ritâ„¢ clothing dye of the color you want the parts to be to the boiling water, and then place your new RPM dyeable parts in the water. Be sure that the dye is completely saturated in the water before adding your parts! The depth and shade of the color will vary depending on time left in the water/dye solution, the amount of dye used, and the temperature of the water. Usually, higher concentrations of dye darken the color of the parts faster, as will higher water temperatures. Use caution because the parts will look lighter in color when first removed from the hot water. When the color looks close, but still slightly lighter than what you want, remove the parts from the water/dye solution and let them cool. They will darken slightly after cooling. If they aren't quite dark enough at this point, place them back in the solution for a brief time until the color is to the tint of your choice.
Important note: To make all of your parts identical in color, either dye all of them at the same time, or take careful notes during the dyeing process such as;
1) Water temperature (i.e. fast boil, slow simmer, etc.).
2) Amount of dye and water used.
3) Type and manufacturer of the dye.
4) Time the parts spent in the dye solution.
Additionally: Because this is a dyeing process of the parts, and not a plating process, the dye will have absolutely no effect on the adhesive bond when tires are glued to our dyeable wheels.
Click here to see some of the creative results we found using Rit clothing dye and RPM chrome parts!