Community
Search
Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

Transformers

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 07:57 PM
jermpool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transformers

Went and saw Transformers, loved it.
Does anyone have a Transformer inspired paint job for their RC? I got one in mind I am going to do this weekend.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:17 PM
daytimeninja

Default RE: Transformers

Jeez man. I was thinking this same thing while watching the movie!! By the way. Do you know where I can get a flame stencil that gives a basic flame pattern like on [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXPBZ8&P=Z]this[/link] body? I am planning on doing an optimus prime one with purple and red flames, then the transformers logo on the front.

thanks
Old 07-13-2007, 07:32 PM
jermpool

I think parma makes one close to Primes flames.
I was thinking about a Barricade Jato. But instead of a number on top have a big Dicepticon emblem on top.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:47 PM
daytimeninja

ORIGINAL: jermpool

I think parma makes one close to Primes flames.
I was thinking about a Barricade Jato. But instead of a number on top have a big Dicepticon emblem on top.
Cool, how are you going to do the design?
Old 07-13-2007, 08:14 PM
jermpool

Black with white doors just like the Mustang, a big silver Decepticon emblem on the roof, maybe try to marblise it, POLICE wrote in silver on the doors (thats the hard part) and "to destroy and enslave" in white on the quarter panels.

I printed some pics off and resized them with a copy machine. I am going to use those and some masking tape/sheets to bring it all together. Every thing seems pretty simple (in theory) except putting the POLICE on the doors. I think it will be hard to tape off. There is also an emblem on the fender that Idon't think I will attempt.
Old 07-14-2007, 04:12 AM
Hezrou

Police wont be a problem. I used photohop to write I'm Sparticus on the back of my last body.

I search for a font i liked that was bold enough. Used the text feature in PS to write out the words them flipped them horizontally so it was backward. I printed it out and cut out the letters leaving me with a stencil. I them drew around the inside of the stencil onto a piece of masking tape. I cut the letters outof the masking tape leaving me with either the letters or the stencil to use as the mask.

I hope this helps and i was clear enough for you.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98144.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	722522   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av69750.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	722523  
Old 07-15-2007, 12:50 AM
Dave ESPI

Actualy yeah..........

I have a HUGE autobot sticker on a FG body I'm working on doing , but it's taking me a long time to do.