Community
Search
Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

Will Createx paint work for RC bodies

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2007, 01:47 AM
Desert RC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will Createx paint work for RC bodies

I have a bunch of createx airbrush paint, some regular airbrush and some auto airbrush paint and all is water based, will this work for painting the inside of my body. I just dont want it to flake off later. Anybody have any knowledge on this kind of paint?
Old 12-29-2007, 09:13 AM
charlie_b

Default RE: Will Createx paint work for RC bodies

YEs...they do.
Old 01-03-2008, 09:38 PM
RGX Blade

sure do,
and for all those wanting to know more heres a few more,
the Createx paint line works great !!
we have been using there paints in our Automotive line for about 10+ years, and there getting better and better for those wanting to use this kind of paints...
HOWEVER !!!
they do make Textile paint as well !!! be sure you have the right kind !!!
Createx is the Manufacture name, and AutoAir is the brand you want to use if doing r/c cars etc....
can get more info at www.Autoaircolors.com as well as see some stuff we did in the past using there paints...
we have pained Dragsters choppers you name it using there paints, as well we use many others as well...
but if paint can hold up at 250+ miles an hour with the flexing and heat the R/C cars hold up well as well...

now AutoAir has Detail paints made for Airbrush als be sure to use there reducers if needed for "There Paints"
stay away from the "Parma" they buy there paint in "Raw Form" toss in a bottle and call it a day....
and that is made for "Airguns" not a air brush!!
even then you'll need a 1.8 tip just to spray it!!
the same as trying to drink a McDonalds shake through a Coffee Sturring straw!!!

also i included a couple of pics of other items that woud hurt to use when using any paints really......
also heres a good tip make sure with AutoAir or any paint really, put your window masking on and "SCUFF" the inside of the body using a red ScotchBright pad or something simular....
then use some good Adheshion Promoter like BullDog you can buy this at most "Automotive paint shops"
have even see this at "Wal-Mart" for around 7.50 for a 12oz can, as compared to a "Tiny" bottle for 5.00 !!!
talk about "Ouch" !!!
also in the pic it shows the difference between the size and cost...
AutoAir will have AutoAir on the bottle...
and are about 4oz depending on the size you need....
parma's are about 2 oz and cost the same as the big AutAir Bottle so you can save about 20.00 30.00 dollars on paits there too!
i am also including a pic of a Quickie Truck we did and a Buggy using "AUTOAIR" paints the buggy was done on a "JUST BODIES" body for a MUGEN MBX5R (and there about 10.00!! for there bodies!! Hit them up!!)
hope this info can help

Old 01-04-2008, 07:17 PM
RGX Blade

hey like to Aplogize for a Typo on a above post MY BAD
but had been accidently typed:
also i included a couple of pics of other items that woud hurt to use when using any paints really......
what was meant was:
also i included a couple of pics of other items that woudn't hurt to use when using any paints really......
sorry if this confused anyone??
Old 01-13-2008, 01:17 PM
ckeeling

so the autoair and the createx paint are the same paint just difrent name? also what if we didnt use all that stuff thats in the picture will the body not come out right or whats the deal with that? thanks
Old 01-13-2008, 11:30 PM
RGX Blade

no "Createx" is the "Manufacture"
AutoAir is the type i guess one could say,
they make paint for Textile as well....but dont gt th textile when doing the r/c cars...
they make different kinds of paints
and various types of Media for different applications....
but yea, one and the same

sorry for any confusion on the products posted my bad...
no need to use everything posted...
over all when doing a R/C carbody or anything that has to do with Plastic in "General" you should us some type of Adhesion promoter type product to help paint Adhere better....
I'll use "BullDog" forthe R/C stuff (name brand) as well even Createx recommends using a Adhesion promoter when usng on "Plastics" lexan, etc. etc.
but the adhesion promoters used in the R/C market are Very Very very small!! about a Ounce...
for the same price or a dollar or 2 more can ge most at "Automotive" paint shops for about 20 ounces....
in a Aerasol can too....
hope some of this can help
Old 11-20-2009, 11:36 AM
CalvaryCustoms

I have 2 questions... 1. How do you use the "Bulldog Promoter", and 2... I make vinyl signs ect. and can make templets or masks for these bodies. Will the vinyl do anything to body like mess up the bulldog, or will i mess up the paint if I put the bulldog on after a coat or 2 of paint, when i remove parts of the vinyl to paint other parts of the body ?

Thanks in advance,
Tim
Old 12-19-2009, 10:38 AM
studysession

I mostly use Createx for painting my RC bodies - so yes.