Community
Search
Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

How long between coats?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2003, 05:11 PM
GALAXY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How long between coats?

I'm painting an Eclipse body Indy Silver and was wondering how long between coats you're supposed to wait.Its Pactra in a spray can and I'm gonna use the Opaque White Flourescent Covercoat for a backing.Any other tips would be cool as this is the first one I've done in a long time
Old 04-26-2003, 06:04 PM
1stPlaceRace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A couple of hours if you can keep it in the sun. Wait a day after all paint is applied before trimming it. This gives the paint time to completly cure and reduces the chances of scratches from trimming.
Old 04-27-2003, 02:40 PM
GALAXY

On the covercoat can it says to wait 24 hours for the Flourescent color to dry.I'm not using Flourescent so would I treat it as just another coat?
Old 04-27-2003, 03:27 PM
1stPlaceRace

I think you are safe. I dont use spray cans anymore, But in the old days when I was painting only my own bodies and just could not wait to get out on the track, I never waited more than 2 hours between coats, and never had any problems. The only time I have had trouble is when using Faskolor then backing it with pactra spray, It would crack the paint. Good luck. Stan www.1stplacerace.com
Old 04-27-2003, 06:46 PM
GALAXY

Cool,I waited 3 hours and just now sprayed it with the cover coat.It looks really good and I'll start puttin stickers on in a while when it dries.
Old 04-29-2003, 02:39 PM
mgoony
My Feedback: (1)

Default use this

Use a blow dryer or a heat gun. Works great to speed up the dring process. Just be careful with a heatgun, they get really hot!