Community
Search
Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

Parma FasFlip

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2003, 07:24 PM
NtRanger
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parma FasFlip

I just got some of this stuff this past week, and I have never done any airbrushing before, but I put the first layers of FasKolor Pearl White, which went on just awsome, and then I pulled the mask off, and put 4 coats of FasFlip, and, to be honest, the stuff looks like crap. I have never done this before, so I am sure I am doing something wrong, but I figured after 4 coats, I should atleast see some of the green flake anyway. If anyone has had any experience with this paint, please let me know. Thanks!

Dave
Old 04-29-2003, 04:05 PM
1stPlaceRace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parma FasFlip

I believe the paint should look clear. I know its hard to believe but the alclad 2 color changing paint I use goes on clear and the color does not show untill you back it with black. If you look at my website there are some color changing paints used, 1/8 scale #19,23 both those are alclad 2 sapphire main body color. 1/10 scale page #4 is jade alclad main body color. #10 on the 1/10 scale is alclad scarabeus main body and alclad maple flames.
On the on road page # 3 is alclad scarebus main body color. all these were still clear looking after the paint was sprayed untill backed with Fasblack.