Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Special paint?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Special paint?

Ok, first trip here, so to speak. Is there such a thing as special paint for Lexan? Why won't Krylon type regular paint work? My friend's Dad says he has painted bodies for years with it. What gives?

Oh yeah, and is it better to paint first and then cut, or the other way around?

Thanks guys. At least I got a spare body for when I screw up the first one!!!
    Ignore the environment... It\'ll go away!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Special paint?

There is a poll going right now on this page that has good discussion of the before or after trimming question. You would be suprised what kinds of paint will stick to a lexan body, and I give serious props to people who are willing to risk it. As far as airbrush paint goes I can 100% recomend Createx Auto air paint. When the magazines say not to try something different remember, Parma and Testors pay serious cash for advertising and they would be very angry if customers know they dont have to pay20-30 dollars to get the 4 or 5 colors they want. Stan www.1stplacerace.com
    Thanks Stan. Visit the fallon RC car club at www.1stplacerace.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Special paint?

Thanks Stan. I agree. I couldn't wait, so I went to Dixieline and got some stuff called fusion from Krylon. Made for plastic so it says, and it worked like a charm. $4.29 for a big ol' can, and it's a perfect match for Porsche Lapis Blue! And I don't forsee having to buy the same color again anytime soon...
    Ignore the environment... It\'ll go away!