Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Need Some Help On Customizing my Body

I have seen several pictures of RC Bodies with lights in them . I was wondering what i can buy from radioshack to put in my car and what kind of resistors to use on the LEDs. Any help would be Appreciated

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I posted a making lights thread that would be a better place for that question
    Breakin out the old car with a new motor and more nitro!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Here's some info on lights:

http://www.kedar.itgo.com/tipz.html#LED
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and if you don\'\'t like them, go jump in a lake!!!!) LMAO!!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That guy's got it right and its a simple system you can easily add more lights to.I'll have 10 or 12 when I'm done and its purpose IS to light up the road.I think he used the Radio Shack blue leds that are 5v and not very bright but would make good foglights.The blue ones I used are very bright and a lighter blue but were $8 each from a local electronics shop,luckily there's only 2 of those. The white ones for the headlights I got from Radio Shack and are $5 each and since I'm gonna use 4 I gotta wait on the other 2 because I thought they were cheaper.I though about putting turn signal amber ones in but they aren't bright enough,I had these layin around so no idea on the cost.For my tails I used 4 clear red ones and they work great but the way I mounted 'em they shoot light all outta the back of the car.I'll try to get pics up soon...have fun
    Breakin out the old car with a new motor and more nitro!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I've installed a few LED lighting systems now, and found some great LED bargains at www.allelectronics.com. Do a search on "LED". They have lots of choices, and their high intensity LED's are in the $1-$2 range (or less!). Right now I'm fabricating fairly simple aluminum buckets that seem to work well. I'll have to post some pics when I get a chance......... ---- Tom