Community
Search
Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

AirBrush systems

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 07:54 PM
hghflyrjd1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AirBrush systems

Hey Guys ive painted a few shells, but im looking to try some airbrushing.. what an all around system that is cheap im not looking to spend $100 i seen some with mini compressors for like 70 anything how are the cans with the spray nosle and paint jar i guess the can is compressed air.. links would be nice
Old 01-18-2009, 06:42 PM
misasi

Default RE: AirBrush systems

I was in the same boat as you. From what i gathered the best cheap airbrush is an Iwata CR[~70]. I picked up a cheap 3 gallon compressor from the hardware store for 100 bucks and it works great.

The systems where u use the cans are not good. You will be going through cans steady so its worth the investment on compressor.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:47 PM
makoman1860
My Feedback: (1)

HF has a cheap airbrush and compressor combo......but you get what you pay for. Another aspect to look at is the re-sellability of the brush etc. The HF one will be a total loss as I doubt you would ever be able to sell it. So if you decide after a couple shells that you dont really like the whole airbrush thing, you just ate 80 bucks or so. Now pick up the Iwata Revolution CR and a small non-airbrush compressor from a Menards or Wally World and you will have about 150 invested, but if you keep it in super nice shape you can probably get 100+ back out of it should you want to sell it, so your only out 50 bucks, and you got to use some really nice equipment vs. el cheapo. If you hepen to really like airbrushing, you will want something better then the HF unit anyway, so really in the long run is more economical to get better equipment, even if you just use it a couple times and sell it.
-Aaron
Old 01-21-2009, 03:01 PM
beenbreto

What about the testors air compressors like for plastic model cars? are those any good my px always carrys them and i wonderd if they are any good for rc cars
Old 01-22-2009, 09:36 PM
MTpockets

i got my iwatta revolution cr with comp/tank combo from tcpglobal.com for like 200. even came with a 10' hose. i like it.
Old 01-23-2009, 02:47 PM
jamstar47

can you use a air tank insted of an air compressor
Old 01-25-2009, 09:22 AM
RGX Blade

well there is a number of systems to get ....
but here is an Upside for getting a Compressor in General that is around 2 to 5 gallon....
you can use it around the house for various projects, almost countless to mention....airtools and gerneral cleaning as well...
but for what ever one you do get be sure has a filter for Moisture etc....

now on the smaller ones, here are some pics of some that work really well for the basic "Hobby" and craft uses.....
myself i have a pair of "Great White" compressor systems but dont recommend those unless your pretty serious !!