Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

FORTANA RC 2m from Texas RC

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 08:32 PM
Balsawings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FORTANA RC 2m from Texas RC

I've been looking at the Fortana from Texas RC and I'm wondering if anyone has one of these yet.

I've been searching for a reasonably priced entry level pattern ship to recomend to pattern begginers. At only $299.95 this one looks like it may fit the bill. I've got an extra YS 1.40 that I could put in one, so I'm thinking I may order one to try out before recommending it to other pilots. Don't need another pattern plane though. I've got a Hydeout left to build yet.

All comments are welcome. How do you feel about Texas RC? Do they offer a good quality product. Don't bash them if your experiance has been bad. Just let us know what to expect, good or bad.

Bob Cox

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz79094.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	1515604  
Old 10-12-2010, 10:15 PM
Hokie Flyer

Default RE: FORTANA RC 2m from Texas RC

Bob, Is the name of the plane Fortana or Fortuna?  One of my flying buddies bought a Fortuna, but hasn't built it yet.  It seemed like a fairly well built ARF.  We're giving him a hard time to finish it and start competing with it.  I'll ask him about it next time I see him at the field and let you know.  For $300 you really can't go wrong.

Rob
Old 10-12-2010, 10:36 PM
smcharg
My Feedback: (1)

Received 124 Likes on 83 Posts

It's Fortana

http://texasrcplanes.com/forcpaai.html

BUT.....the pic of the plane says "Fortuna"?????
Old 10-12-2010, 10:46 PM
RC_Pattern_Flyer

I flew their Sword 140, it flew very well and quality was decent. For 300, you could afford to recover as the covering is O K.

The sword had a one piece wing which was a bit awkward at times but it did fly well.

I believe it made weight as well.

Chuck
Old 10-12-2010, 10:59 PM
Balsawings

Rob,

Scott is right. It's Fortana.

Kees,

That was my feeling also. I hate the scheme they put on the plane but for $299, I wouldn't mind recovering with good Ultrakote. Actually, I would just recover the wings and stabs. The Fortana also has a one piece wing. This doesn't bother me but I realize that it may cause a problem for some people.

Just don't see how I could go wrong for the price, but I just want to know a little about Texas RC and the plane before laying my money down when I really don't need it for myself. There are just too many companies out there selling cheap junk and give no customer service.

Bob
Old 10-13-2010, 07:37 AM
RC_Pattern_Flyer

I have purchased two planes from texas RC and have met them in person. Good guys and provide a decent plane for the price.

For 299, go for it, recover and learn the basics. Enjoy and save for your next plane.

I would do it again if I got in a jam even in masters.

Chuck
Old 10-18-2010, 03:27 PM
jabowil-RCU
My Feedback: (9)

I am helping my son build one of these. The decal/sticker on the plane says Fortuna.

I think the covering is going to get loose after much use but we are going to fly it as is. By the way our kit has a two piece wing with Al wing tube.

In my opinion for the price the Fortuna is not too bad. Nice looking model. We could'nt get the hardware for the wheel pants figured out, but most of the hardware was acceptable.

In another thread I brought up the subject of CG. We think the position shown in the instructions is too far forward. Going to balance at ~ 7" from leading edge and see how it goes in the next week end or so.

Old 10-18-2010, 08:22 PM
Balsawings

jabowil,

Thanks for giving us your oppinion. When you finally get her in the air, give us a report on how it goes.

What engine do you plan to use for power?

Bob
Old 10-20-2010, 06:35 AM
jabowil-RCU
My Feedback: (9)

YS 140 Sport