Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Hauler

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 06:04 PM
petec
My Feedback: (58)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Hauler

I'd go the minian route first and the trailer second, although for 6 stones I'd be really interested in knowing how the aboe trailer was built.

Rick, gutting the boat is NOT an option, it would still be close to 3000 lbs. I guess if we stated flying off a lake we could use it as a chase boat.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:20 AM
CRAPTECH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Email me and I will send you some photos and how I made it.
TMG
Old 01-07-2011, 08:42 PM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

I love my little pickup truck for hauling my 110 plane. If/when I jump to 2M, I'll be in the market for a full size pickup w/ 6.5' bed.

I have a roll-up tonneau cover; keeps plane dry and out of the wind, and rolls up for when I want my bike in the back. Plenty of room behind seats (Xtra cab) for support equipment, luggage, etc. Would do the same except maybe a king cab in the future.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...8831_200318831
Old 01-08-2011, 11:59 AM
CRAPTECH

I have had lots of request on how I constructed the little trailer, when I can find the photos I will post a build thread on RCU, let you all know where. But here is the short story. I had a old angle iron 4x8 utility trailer. Had to get a new axle and wheels, extended the sides to make it 10 ft. when to the local steel outlet, and got a lot of 1 inch angle iron, it is cheap. Framed up the trailer and covered it with the aluminum. It comes in 4 x10 sheet so I had to do very little cutting. Trimmed the corners with 1.5 aluminum angle. Used #10 self-tapping screws to hold it together. Use 1inch square to framed the door got the SS hinges and handles from home depot. It was actually about 700 to make with the lights wheels. We made another with from a trailer from harbor freight and used wood 2x4 and covered it with red aluminum. looked good too.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:11 PM
wingding
My Feedback: (5)

Trailer looks good Terry.

Charlie