Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pattern Universe - RC Pattern Flying > RC Pattern Flying
Reload this Page >

The 800-pound gorilla sitting in the corner

Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

The 800-pound gorilla sitting in the corner

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 09:00 AM
mjfrederick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The 800-pound gorilla sitting in the corner

P-51B,

We didn't mention it in this thread, and didn't want it mentioned, because every thread that discussed what happened was shut down and deleted. This thread was about the composition of the US Team, I didn't care about anything else. Thanks for doing exactly what I was trying to avoid.
Old 01-28-2011, 03:26 PM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

ORIGINAL: rcprecision

By the way that's a good looking airplane on page 9 of [link=http://www.modelaircraft.org/files/Bulletin1.pdf]Bulletin 1[/link]
Very nice =)

Old 01-28-2011, 04:02 PM
jetmech43
My Feedback: (9)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah I think everyone knows what happen, I know Al and AC some what but im not sure if they want to release that information just yet
Old 01-28-2011, 08:18 PM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

ORIGINAL: randy10926

Well I hope the alternate is practicing a much as he can.
I think this pretty much sums it all up.
Old 01-29-2011, 07:48 AM
apereira

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Preliminary entries for the WC must be submitted by Feb 1, I think is best for the sake of the forum to just wait, as they will have to be posted and it will be public and official containing all team members.

Regards

Alejandro P.
Old 01-30-2011, 04:41 PM
baronbrian
My Feedback: (13)

So is there an alternate alternate?
Old 01-30-2011, 05:07 PM
cdodom

1st Thru 3rd is the USA Team
4th place - Alternate.

if the first Alternate is not able to compete I assume the spot on the team would be filled by the 5th place finisher. I dont know this for sure but this is the only way I see it as fair. Who knows maybe the worlds only allows one alternate per team.
Old 01-30-2011, 07:20 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Gentlemen,
I'm going to step in here for a second and clarify this situation. This thread is about the selection of who is on the team. Yes, there has been a major incident about somebody that was removed from the team. Everybody keeps "dancing" around the subject and is afraid of mentioning what happened because they are afraid that we will close down this thread. That is not what is going to happen.

Here are the facts of this matter. Last year Jason Shulman was arrested for a specific reason. As of right now he has not gone to trail and in the US he is presumed innocent until proven guilty. However, this may affect his standing on the team. If somebody asks what happened in regards to the US team and who is on that team there is nothing wrong with mentioning what happened. Everybody sitting here talking in code, and whispering under their breath, is not going to change the facts of this situation. This issue can be mentioned in the open forum if the context of this being discussed is in regards to the US team and how it is affected, and who will be on the team.

However, what will NOT be allowed here on RCU is a detailed discussion of what happened to Jason. We are not going to talk about the details of the incident, opinions about what happened, or anything involving the actual incident. That is not a discussion for RCU and we're not going to go down that road here again. If that is where this discussion goes you can count on it being removed.

With this in mind please stop all the hush hush talk and coded messages and don't be afraid to say the name Jason Shulman. We are all adults here and I think it's possible to discuss the issue of the US team without having to degrade the conversation to what happened to Jason. So let's move forward here and forget about all of that. Ok??

Thanks

Ken

<<Edited to reword the meaning of one sentance>>
Old 01-30-2011, 08:24 PM
RC_Pattern_Flyer
My Feedback: (1)

If I read your post correctly you are saying he is removed from the team. I dont think that is accurate as nothing has been said by the FAI committee, the team manager or any of the team members.

Do you know this to be accurate or are you presuming?

This is why the thread was started, to understand who will be representing the US at the Worlds.

Any of our 4 Team members will make a competitive team.

Chuck
Old 01-30-2011, 08:49 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

ORIGINAL: RC_Pattern_Flyer

If I read your post correctly you are saying he is removed from the team. I dont think that is accurate as nothing has been said by the FAI committee, the team manager or any of the team members.

Do you know this to be accurate or are you presuming?

This is why the thread was started, to understand who will be representing the US at the Worlds.

Any of our 4 Team members will make a competitive team.

Chuck

Chuck,
You are correct, I don't know if he is indeed removed from the team or not. Ihave reworded a part of my post to read "However, this may affect his standing on the team." This is more accurate as in the context of this thread, as it is discussing the current status of the USteam and who will be representing it. Iapologize if Icreated any problems with the wording Iinitially used.

Ken
Old 01-31-2011, 01:41 AM
bjr_93tz

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

ORIGINAL: RCKen
Everybody keeps ''dancing'' around the subject and is afraid of mentioning what happened because they are afraid that we will close down this thread. That is not what is going to happen.
Ken
Glad RC universe has changed, I remember how quickly it deleted a thread that only refered to how quickly a particular thread was deleted.

Old 01-31-2011, 06:16 AM
mjfrederick

Thank you for the clarification Ken. I just didn't want this thread to go down that road again, and that's why I tried to avoid any reference to the incident with Jason. Better safe than locked/deleted.
Old 01-31-2011, 06:17 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

ORIGINAL: bjr_93tz

ORIGINAL: RCKen
Everybody keeps ''dancing'' around the subject and is afraid of mentioning what happened because they are afraid that we will close down this thread. That is not what is going to happen.
Ken
Glad RC universe has changed, I remember how quickly it deleted a thread that only refered to how quickly a particular thread was deleted.

RCU's stance has not changed one bit. We say the same thing now that we said back when this happened. Our stance is, and was, that we allow it to be mentioned that the incident did happen and it could be talked about in the context of how it affects the hobby. What we did not allow, and still don't, is an long drawn out discussion of the actual incident and what happened. That has nothing to do with hobby and we're not going to allow Jason to be convicted in the court of public opinion here on RCU. But simply mentioning that the incident did happen and it could affect the USteam and the hobby will be allowed here on RCU.

Ken
Old 01-31-2011, 06:31 AM
mjfrederick

ORIGINAL: Brian Dorff

So is there an alternate alternate?
I would think that since the official entry forms are not due yet that they would list the alternate (Brett) as a team member on the entry form should they replace Jason. I don't know if they allow for team member substitutions after the official entry form has been filed. Perhaps one of our more FAI-savvy readers could chime in on how the FAI would handle replacement of a team member after the entry form has been submitted, because I don't see a place to list an alternate, just the team manager, helpers, and supporters.
Old 01-31-2011, 03:28 PM
haikt
My Feedback: (11)

I don't understand how personal actions of an individual in his privet life effect his involvement in the hobby. As long as there are no legal barriers for him to be present during competition.
Can the team ban him on moral grounds given the effort and money spent to get there?
Old 01-31-2011, 03:59 PM
J Lachowski
My Feedback: (46)

You people should just worry about your own lives and go build an airplane.

Whatever happens, happens.
Old 01-31-2011, 04:42 PM
burtona
My Feedback: (50)

ORIGINAL: J Lachowski

I agree!
Old 01-31-2011, 04:53 PM
haikt

little harsh dont you think J Lachowski
Old 01-31-2011, 05:56 PM
bjr_93tz

I'm sure if the original poster thought like this he wouldn't be asking the question because he wouldn't be an F3A team supporter.

He's asked a question and can't get an answer.

Will he only get an answer when the Team wants support?
Old 01-31-2011, 06:18 PM
Mastertech
My Feedback: (31)

And the OP isn't owed an answer simply because he asked the question.

This is above our pay grades and is to be decided and announced by those in the position to do so.

This effects none of us that were not part of the team selection and the team managers and AMA. I'm quite sure they'll let us know when they make the decision, until then follow JL's advice.

Tim

Old 01-31-2011, 06:29 PM
cdodom

I agree!!!

I dont think this thread has had any positive productivity.

whatever happens is what happens.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:10 PM
haikt

As a hobby community we are owed an answer, and the pay gread you are talking about is paied by my and your money be it membership or donations or support. As a direct supporter of the team the op has every right to know what is going on with the team. Last thing we want to do is piss off the few supporters we have.....
Old 01-31-2011, 07:16 PM
bjr_93tz

ORIGINAL: Mastertech
And the OP isn't owed an answer simply because he asked the question.
This is above our pay grades and is to be decided and announced by those in the position to do so.
This effects none of us that were not part of the team selection and the team managers and AMA. I'm quite sure they'll let us know when they make the decision, until then follow JL's advice.
Tim
I agree that he isn't owed an answer.

It's just a bit rich when a "non-of-your-business" position is taken prior to the callout to "support YOUR National F3A Team", and to support the event.

I'm sure that there's a lot to consider with both long and short term outcomes needing to be examined, at least it's not like my workplace where they have a consultative process and ask for my valued input before I implement what they already decided I wanted to do.

I guess when somebody whips me on the back and yells "row", I'm still stupid enough to turn around and ask where are we going and why.

Old 01-31-2011, 09:27 PM
grcourtney
My Feedback: (1)

thank you J !!!!!! finally the right answer to the question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gary
Old 02-01-2011, 05:18 AM
mjfrederick

I posed a question that I wanted an answer to. Nothing more. If nobody wants to or can't answer it, fine. I never said that I wouldn't support the team if Jason was on it, in fact in a previous post I specifically indicated otherwise. I just feel that the supporters of Team USA have a right to know who they're supporting. I don't blindly support anything, and as tight as the economy is, simply not knowing who is on the team could be enough for me to withhold support this year. The leadership has a responsibility to us. Even funding that comes directly from the AMA and NSRCA originates from us, the flying community. I have received numerous private messages of support on this subject, many of whom just didn't have the guts to post the question for fear of it going down the road it went down before.

Mr. Lachowski, as far as I'm concerned, I am "worrying" about my own life. Part of my life is pattern flying and supporting Team USA. The topic of conversation is not what Jason may or may not have done in his private life, simply whether or not he will be competing for Team USA this year. A simple question with an even simpler answer.

haikt, in response to your question regarding why actions in the private life of a team member could have them removed from the team, I refer you to my previous post (on the first page) with a quote from the "Team Selection Blue Book", and the brief discussion that followed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.