Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Extreme Flight 2 Meter Vanquish On it's Way

Well I dont understand if they werent taking preorders how could they be sold out
    smooth pass

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

another fantom aircraft
    smooth pass

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My best guess is that they only had a handful come in with the last shipment to start the build threads but not enough to start taking preorders. The real shipment seems to be coming in six weeks.
    Kenobi - I think we lost something.
    Skywalker - Not to worry, we are still flying half a ship.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yeah seems that way
    smooth pass

If I buy one, I'll put "GODOT" om both sides of the fuselage!

Rob

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

im sure us commoners will just have to wait
    smooth pass

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My plans was to take to the Nat's, an to wait for 6 weeks sounds like BSSSSSSSSS.

ORIGINAL: jarvis johnson

My plans was to take to the Nat's, an to wait for 6 weeks sounds like BSSSSSSSSS.
    Yup, there are going to be alot of 2 meter Vanquishes NOT flying at the Nats this year!

Rob

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Having spoken to the guys at EF. The issue is that there were quite a few made, but that the shipments were divided all of the world. Unfortunately, we aren't the only ones who wanted them and many went to Europe, Australia and other places. There were also other aircraft that EF had been waiting for and there was limited space in the container. Hopefully it wont take 6 weeks, but I've been told there will be significantly more coming in the next batch,

Arch
    Team Futaba, Aero-Model / Hacker, Tech Aero Designs, F3A Unlimited, Team BJ Craft, Thunder Power RC, Castle Creations

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: P-51B

ORIGINAL: rcpattern

I believe the rational is that the other 3D stuff is a proven commodity and Chris is keeping the Vanquish low key. It hasn't even been officially announced on his website yet. I know they are on the boat as I talk to Chris regularly. Whether you pre-order, or order when they arrive, what is the difference? You get the plane at the same time,

Arch

True, you do get the plane at the same time.

But, there appears to be no guarantee that everyone that wants one will be able to get one. Some folks are going to wait and try, and possibly disappointed. Then, they will be left trying to get something else ordered for the already arriving season. However, if a little respect was shown to the pattern crowd, where they would like to open a new market, it seems they could go ahead and open the orders up like they have for the sport planes. This way people would have a better idea of whether they may be getting a plane in a month, or they could go ahead and make other plans now...instead of in a month.

Just an observation on my part, nothing more.

I will posting here the moment they become available and from what I understand from Chris, he has quite a few coming. I do not have an exact total, but I would be surprised if they are sold out immediately.

Arch

Having spoken to the guys at EF. The issue is that there were quite a few made, but that the shipments were divided all of the world. Unfortunately, we aren't the only ones who wanted them and many went to Europe, Australia and other places. There were also other aircraft that EF had been waiting for and there was limited space in the container. Hopefully it wont take 6 weeks, but I've been told there will be significantly more coming in the next batch,

Arch

It appears that E.F. is more concerned with stringing along potential customers rather than being up-front so that people could have made other arrangements for the current season.

While I appreciate that things "can happen", observation suggests that E.F. knew the planes wouldn't actually be here as is evidenced by them never opening up the order system like they did for their other new offering.

While they have made no statements one way or the other regarding the planes availablity here, this does leave a bit of a bad taste (or is it more of a bad taste).

At this point people will need to be convinced to go ahead get one of the planes (should they actually show up...) or simply hold out and see how the rumored 2M Osiris compares. Let's face it, another six weeks to get here, then another week to get into peoples hands, then assembly - set up - trimming-getting used to...it may be an option for next season, but other things may be as well by that time.

Again, all just my observations and opinions.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I think the key though is that EF never made ANY promises on how many would be available and such. The Osiris is still essentially in rumor form, which is where the Vanquish was last year. I know the EF was not fully aware of how many were coming until they got the container list which didn't happen until last week. People made assumptions to how many were arriving and such, and I don't think its fair to blame EF for that. I know that this plane will be a very small percentage of the market for EF and we need to be thankful they are even attempting to do this rather than blasting them because they didn't get enough. I've flew YS's for years. Ask anyone who flies YS about getting motors. A 6 month wait isn't unusual.

I have NO sponsorship ties to EF at all. I've known Chris Hinson for several years though, and I really appreciate that he is doing this for the pattern community, even though, he himself doesn't fly any pattern.

Arch
    Team Futaba, Aero-Model / Hacker, Tech Aero Designs, F3A Unlimited, Team BJ Craft, Thunder Power RC, Castle Creations

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Jarvis,
    I thought you said you could clean the advanced line at the Nats this year with an Ugly stick and a K&B 40!
    You don't need no stinking new plane!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Guys,
    Arch is correct. We had NO idea how many would actually be coming until we receive the packing list. We have many great planes and many people waiting on different planes and parts and trust me that container is packed EVERY square inch. I had been wanting one myself but not this time. I can say the same as others that we didn't receive enough 110" yaks, and 88" Extras and such. The factory doesn't build each different airframe all at one time and since everything is built with "Jigs" there is set-up and build time for each airframe.
    We had anticipated and hoped to had gotten more than we did and I have been waiting for one since the first one we put together and the first one I flew. I just finished getting everything put away in the warehouse as well as making my list of needs for the next container so hopefully we will be getting another one on the water soon.
    Blair
    Extreme Flight
    Aircraft International

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks Blair, for clearing everything up. Hey Bedowinn, my birthday is this weekend and " I WANT A NEW PATTERN PLANE", hope to see you at the Hemet contest this weekend
    You can bring that NIB Wind S Pro that's setting at your house??????, but it has only been a year since you got it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks Blair, for clearing everything up. Hey Bedowinn, my birthday is this weekend and '' I WANT A NEW PATTERN PLANE'', hope to see you at the Hemet contest this weekend
    You can bring that NIB Wind S Pro that's setting at your house??????, but it has only been a year since you got it.
    Happy Birthday! Now you can buy beer!
    I have 1 carrier plane and a super slow rat to build before I get to the Wind pro.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Bring it to my house, and I will builded it for you, test fly it for you and maybe I'll give it back to you.............

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Please tell us how you make money "stringing along potential customers"?
    However, on second thought, you could be right. I bet Chris spent many years building a company, risking hundreds of thousands (or more) of dollars, and spending thousands of hours away from his family just to mess with modeller's minds and disappoint hundreds of people.
    That seems perfectly logical to me.
    ORIGINAL: P-51B

It appears that E.F. is more concerned with stringing along potential customers
    Keith Hoard
    Collierville, TN

NSRCA#2868

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Things happen, I will just wait until the next shippment comes in. An I hope that I can get one. Thanks Chris for all the hard work.
    Just look at how long I waited on the Monolog an it took 4 months, so I can wait 6 weeks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

How about for EF to sell just kits for the people that are willing to build instead to wait for a ARF?

Arturo
    Spitfire Brotherhood # 83
    Hellcat Brotherhood # 31
    Mustang Brotherhood # 72
    Thunderbolt Brotherhood # 28

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Check's in the mail?.......

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

In the meantime there are some more affordable alternatives on the market today versus what we had a few years ago. The Sickle is a really good plane at a fair pricepoint and the Wind Pro 2M is a good value also. Both are available. Both have traditional Fiberglass fuses painted in the mold. I flew a Sickle 2 years ago and it was rock solid. The Wind Pro is good enough towin in any class too. Mike
    Mike Mueller
    F3AUnlimited.com and Gator-RC Products
    1800 591 2875
    mikemueller@F3AUnlimited.com
    Team JR America

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Keith Hoard
    Collierville, TN

NSRCA#2868

Unfortunately, we aren't the only ones who wanted them and many went to Europe...

Arch
    My money says Hezik bought the entire European shipment.

Rob

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Hokie Flyer

Unfortunately, we aren't the only ones who wanted them and many went to Europe...

Arch
    My money says Hezik bought the entire European shipment.

Rob

LOL

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Would be nice if that "Slow Boat" got here as quick as it does other countries! Maybe a faster boat should be found...LOL
    Extreme Flight
    Aircraft International

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast