Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

F3A Building Videos

I private emailed some of the builders on this forum about Pattern Ship building videos, but I never got a response so, I thought I would just post it. Has anyone ever thought to make a building video on planes like the Black Magic or similar ships. I know in F2B, a member of the AMA Hall of Fame, and 20 time top 5 Nats finisher, has specialized in this, and it has been a revelation.

I also feel that the level of sophisticated engineering and craftsmanship, that is involved in building these top level ships and trying to make the 5 kilo limit, would have benefits in the form of a video far beyond just F3A in particular. Everything from Classic Pattern birds to Control Line F2B ships IMHO, would greatly benefit from watching construction videos of these planes from start to finish.

I personally think these scratch built F3A ships are amazing and I for one, would certainly like to pop in a video, sit down, and watch these craftsman,(that is what they are!!) rock and roll.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: F3A Building Videos

BUILD your pattern plane? Seriously? what are you, poor?!? (jk)

I for one would love to see something like that. The old "how to buld a pattern plane" book is helpful, but in this day an age, you tube would probably fit the bill.

How about guys?
    Go knife edge your cub!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have 4 DVD's by Bob Noll, "Perfect Airframe Alignment", Perfect Foam Wing Construction", "Perfect Removable / Adjustable Stabilizer", and "Perfect Engine Mounting Techniques".

They have been around for years, but the methords that he uses are as good today as they were when the DVD's were made, his home made tail plane adjusters are going into a model that I'm currently building, and I have been using some of his alingment idea's on all types of models that I have made.

They are availible at airborne media, and are worthy of anyones collection, I plan to add to mine with a few of the other DVD's in their collection, the web site is :- http://www.airbornemedia.com/store/rv-index.htm

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

There is also an excellent video from Don Ramsey on finishing/painting wings. While the video is about wings, the techique would certainly apply to fuselages as well. Here is a link:

http://pages.suddenlink.net/donramsey/

Woodie
    Team Acme LG
    Team Blenderm
    There is nothing so simple it can't be messed up by someone....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: woodie

There is also an excellent video from Don Ramsey on finishing/painting wings. While the video is about wings, the techique would certainly apply to fuselages as well. Here is a link:

http://pages.suddenlink.net/donramsey/

Woodie
    Team Acme LG
    Team Blenderm

I know a guy's gotta make some money but $26 seems a bit much for what is mostly available online with some research. I paint everything I build and would drop $10 on this in a minute but not $26.
    David

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I understand your reaction, but I have to say that I picked up some great info from the video and I have building and painting since 1970. For someone that hasn't finished and painted, the video will certainly save the 'new guy' valuable time and prevent costly mistakes.

Woodie
    Team Acme LG
    Team Blenderm
    There is nothing so simple it can't be messed up by someone....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I just bought the wing sheeting and straight fuse videos for myself for Christmas. I am looking forward to beginning my career as a literal builder.
    Joe Marri
    Enjoying all things aviation.