Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

F3A Building Videos

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 07:35 PM
proparc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F3A Building Videos

I private emailed some of the builders on this forum about Pattern Ship building videos, but I never got a response so, I thought I would just post it. Has anyone ever thought to make a building video on planes like the Black Magic or similar ships. I know in F2B, a member of the AMA Hall of Fame, and 20 time top 5 Nats finisher, has specialized in this, and it has been a revelation.

I also feel that the level of sophisticated engineering and craftsmanship, that is involved in building these top level ships and trying to make the 5 kilo limit, would have benefits in the form of a video far beyond just F3A in particular. Everything from Classic Pattern birds to Control Line F2B ships IMHO, would greatly benefit from watching construction videos of these planes from start to finish.

I personally think these scratch built F3A ships are amazing and I for one, would certainly like to pop in a video, sit down, and watch these craftsman,(that is what they are!!) rock and roll.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:38 PM
Rendegade

Default RE: F3A Building Videos

BUILD your pattern plane? Seriously? what are you, poor?!? (jk)

I for one would love to see something like that. The old "how to buld a pattern plane" book is helpful, but in this day an age, you tube would probably fit the bill.

How about guys?
Old 04-07-2011, 03:04 AM
matt13

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have 4 DVD's by Bob Noll, "Perfect Airframe Alignment", Perfect Foam Wing Construction", "Perfect Removable / Adjustable Stabilizer", and "Perfect Engine Mounting Techniques".

They have been around for years, but the methords that he uses are as good today as they were when the DVD's were made, his home made tail plane adjusters are going into a model that I'm currently building, and I have been using some of his alingment idea's on all types of models that I have made.

They are availible at airborne media, and are worthy of anyones collection, I plan to add to mine with a few of the other DVD's in their collection, the web site is :- http://www.airbornemedia.com/store/rv-index.htm
Old 04-07-2011, 05:57 AM
woodie

There is also an excellent video from Don Ramsey on finishing/painting wings. While the video is about wings, the techique would certainly apply to fuselages as well. Here is a link:

http://pages.suddenlink.net/donramsey/

Woodie
Team Acme LG
Team Blenderm
Old 04-07-2011, 06:50 PM
dhal22

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: woodie

There is also an excellent video from Don Ramsey on finishing/painting wings. While the video is about wings, the techique would certainly apply to fuselages as well. Here is a link:

http://pages.suddenlink.net/donramsey/

Woodie
Team Acme LG
Team Blenderm

I know a guy's gotta make some money but $26 seems a bit much for what is mostly available online with some research. I paint everything I build and would drop $10 on this in a minute but not $26.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:39 PM
woodie

I understand your reaction, but I have to say that I picked up some great info from the video and I have building and painting since 1970. For someone that hasn't finished and painted, the video will certainly save the 'new guy' valuable time and prevent costly mistakes.

Woodie
Team Acme LG
Team Blenderm
Old 12-23-2012, 02:05 PM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

I just bought the wing sheeting and straight fuse videos for myself for Christmas. I am looking forward to beginning my career as a literal builder.
Old 11-19-2014, 07:05 PM
Don Szczur
My Feedback: (1)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I have a complete building video set (each step) if interested. www.zmodelsinternational.com

Regards,
Don
Old 11-22-2014, 05:58 AM
Champ-RCU
My Feedback: (132)

Don Szczur, please contact me via e-mail [email protected]

Mark

I've tried to PM you but seems it isn't working?