Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Nats warmup May 21 and 22 Muncie

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 03:03 PM
viva_peru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Nats warmup May 21 and 22 Muncie

How about some photos as well?
Old 05-22-2011, 04:09 PM
AC Glenn
My Feedback: (2)

Had a great time in my first contest in the new district. I really enjoyed flying with everyone. You guys really made me feel at home. Look forward to seeing everyone in two weeks in Chicago.
Old 05-22-2011, 04:41 PM
mups53
My Feedback: (41)

Hey AC great having you on our side!!!!!! Really great flying man. It's fun to watch.Yes D5 showed up and made a statement!!!!
Top 5 things I learned
Mode 1 flyers rock!!!! ( 4 reps this weekend!!)
Show Me's is a good place to go for beer and sight seeing.
There's a lot of talented fliers in the midwest. Add Andrew to that mix when he flys hereand it gets reallytough too
Teaching a newbie 12 year old the ropes is more fun than I can even explain. Thanks Brandon now known as SobiJesky
Gasis$.75 a gallon cheaper in Munchie than where I live in Crook County
We have a pretty good schedule for this year with enough to keep everyone on there toes.
Also learned thatmastering all the nuance's of a new plane can be painful and hard work but as Mark Atwood put it. Sometimes you have to take a step back to go forward
Good times great flying best site in the world fantastic weather good friends. Good stuff! M²
Old 05-22-2011, 05:09 PM
d_bodary
My Feedback: (85)

Mike how did everyone do? Especially the Venus II in Sportsman!

And how did the new version of the Contra Drive sound compared to last years weedwacker with a bad bearing. Wish i could have been there but work is insane this year, Good News is i am making some money. Bad news is my flying has been severly hampered.
Old 05-22-2011, 06:00 PM
Brenner

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

From what I could see, whenever the Contra was flying with an inrunner also in the air, the inrunner was the noisier plane. There is no "bark" to speak of, and you can only tell that a Contra is flying if you purposefully listen for it. The sound is still different, but not louder than many other electrics.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:56 PM
corch
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Venus II's in Sportsman finished first and second. Both powered by OS120AX. We really just ran away from the pack.

Some of my photos, all from Saturday

dang, my bald spot isn't getting any smaller....