Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

CD Appreciation

We enjoy our participation in pattern events, the flying, awards, comradery, parties, and eats. The "historical" contests are pretty much expected to be there each year. We practice for these events and focus on thecompetition, knowing that if we show up and judge a couple of rounds the show will go on. Withoutcontests we'd have no place to enjoy the challenge of matching our hard earned skills to those of others.

The folks that make this happen year after year are the local event CD's. These folks make all the preparations, from getting club approval (for a low - no profit event), to providing score sheets. The logistics of putting on an event are considerable and the risk of a low turn-out real. We should all take a moment now, as the season iswinding down, to offer a big THANK YOU to all the CD's and clubs that hosted pattern events during the year.
    Earl

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: CD Appreciation

I'll second that!

Scott

Scott now you need to give Ricky a big wet sloppy kiss.
    Team YS, Team Airtronics
    Pattern Junkie, Revver Brother #82, Gear Head

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ricky needs something, he had a bad evening yesterday, lol.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Earl, I knew it was all a ruse. You're just a big ol' softy

You're also right. A big thanks goes out from me to everyone that makes it possible to have these contests all around the country.
    Brett Wickizer
    Futaba, YS Performance, Central Hobbies, Morgan Fuels
    www.CKAero.net

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Nuttin "softy" about saying "Thanks".
    Earl

You are so correct. In D3 there are several outstanding CDs that put on Pattern contests; Larry Odom, Emory Schroeter, Jamie Strong, Victor Diaz, Jon Lowe, Tony Coberly, Jason Schulman, and Rob Campbell. Without the dedicated effort by these gentlemen and all of the volunteers the contest we attend would not have happened.Thank you and your clubs for hosting the Pattern contests.

Mike P.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Pete,
    Are you avoiding me.. You Brute.....

Ricky,

Kiss me you fool!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well said Earl. I didn't get to make all the pattern events in my district but the 4 I did were well organized and a lot of fun. My hats off to the people who worked hard to make those events possible. I look forward to trying to make all the pattern events in my district next year.
    Monte
    AMA 5581 CD
    NSRCA 4469
    RAMS (Rice Area Modelers Society)
    RAT Pack (Rams Aerobatic Team)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: EHFAI

We enjoy our participation in pattern events, the flying, awards, comradery, parties, and eats. The ''historical'' contests are pretty much expected to be there each year. We practice for these events and focus on theΒ*competition, knowing that if we show up and judge a couple of rounds the show will go on. WithoutΒ*contests we'd have no place to enjoy the challenge of matching our hard earned skills to those of others.

The folks that make this happen year after year are the local event CD's. These folks make all the preparations, from getting club approval (for a low - no profit event), to providing score sheets. The logistics of putting on an event are considerable and the risk of a low turn-out real. We should all take a moment now, as the season isΒ*winding down, to offer a big THANK YOU to all the CD's and clubs that hosted pattern events during the year.
    Exactly on the money Earl!! Excellent sentiment. CD Appreciation is something we often don't take time to reflect upon in our busy lives. I want to add my "Thanks" to the list
    Regards,
    MattK
    (Rcmaster199@aol.com)