ORIGINAL: Scott Smith
...they will not even consider a proposal that increases the weight for AMA classes. I would like to see a justification of that position.
That seems like a reasonable request, speaking for District 1:
- Masters would be mostly impacted (since the development classes already have an increase) and 68.6% of the Master’s pilots that took the NSRCA survey voted against an increase.
- Not a single person from my district contacted me with a desire to have the limit raised; not this cycle or the prior.
- Popular vote aside, while raising the weight limit may decrease cost for some in the short term, I believe it will increase costs in the long term.
- I do not believe raising the weight limit will have an effect on participation at the local or national level.
- What action would we take in the future when people are butting up against the higher limit? Raise it yet again?
- The last rule cycle contained a weight increase for the development classes, give it time.
- I feel it is important to maintain the integrity of the sport which is bounded only by 2m and 5kg.