Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pattern Universe - RC Pattern Flying > RC Pattern Flying
Reload this Page >

airtronics SD 10 G -jumpy servos.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

airtronics SD 10 G -jumpy servos.

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 08:44 AM
foxhills36

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default airtronics SD 10 G -jumpy servos.

I recently installed my 10G radio in a backup plane that i had a Spektrum system in. When i turn on the radio, two of the Hitec-high torque servos vibrate like crazy until I move the stick, then settle down. If I move the stick again same thing happens. This only occurs on two servos, so I pulled the two out and plugged back into the spektrum system, no shaking and servos move fine. Any thoughts as to why this only occurs on with Airtroncis system????
Old 09-02-2012, 09:41 AM
PatternPilot
My Feedback: (58)

Default RE: airtronics SD 10 G -jumpy servos.

Not sure what HiTec servos or Airtronics RX your using.. but this is out of the manual...

Due to the extremely high frame rate that the 92104 10-Channel receiver included with your SD-10G 2.4GHz FHSS-3 radio
control system operates at, we strongly recommend the use of digital servos. If you use analog servos and experience
problems, you will need to either upgrade to digital servos or use the Airtronics 92824 8-Channel, 92674 7-Channel, or 92664
6-Channel Micro 2.4GHz FHSS-1 receivers. These receivers operate at a lower frame rate, therefore, analog servos can be used
with them without issue.

Scott

Old 09-02-2012, 12:05 PM
foxhills36

Scott- what you say makes sense, the servos I am using are both analog. One of the servos vibrating a hitec 645, I took it out and replaced with a 635 also analog, which I did not get vibrations. Did I just get lucky with that one?
Old 09-02-2012, 03:37 PM
stuntflyr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not all analog servos will be affected. Some are OK. I usually use FHSS-1 receivers when using analog servos so it's not an issue but if they act OK in test the RX likes them.
Chris...
Old 09-03-2012, 02:59 PM
cmoulder

I am using Airtronics 94774's on my ailerons a get a pretty serious chatter, but it goes away when the radio is about 20 feet away from the model. So maybe it could be that the TX being close to the RX has something to do with it.
Old 09-03-2012, 04:56 PM
F.Imbriaco
My Feedback: (56)

SD-10G TX , Airtronics 10Ch RX and Jr Digital Servos.

No jitter ever; even on low power mode.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:20 PM
cmoulder

Hmm... so what could be giving my system the jitters?
Old 09-04-2012, 05:29 AM
F.Imbriaco
My Feedback: (56)

I also have the same combo ( except the more robust JR 8611 Digital servos) in my 35% Carden Cap and fortunately, no jitters -even in low power mode. Perhaps it's because of the " premium" JR Digitals ?
I had read that the Airtronics Digitals are quite good, but never tried them.
I paused ; thinking that the cheap price, even less than some "sport" digitals, might mean lower quality.
No knock against them because several guys I know are using them with great results.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:39 AM
KGSS28

More info here, I had the same problem with ATX 94746 using all ATX gear and could not use them.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10659777/tm.htm
Old 09-17-2012, 05:51 AM
louie525
My Feedback: (1)

I had a similar problem with my 10SD. I changed from 72Mhz to 2.4 and my analog throttle servo smoked! It became very hot and shorted out. I replaced with another analog servo and it started to heat up again worked for a short while and shorted out. I changed the servo to a digital version and my problem went away. I was using the 10 channel Rx. All the other servos are digitals with no problems.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:27 AM
cmoulder

ORIGINAL: F.Imbriaco

I also have the same combo ( except the more robust JR 8611 Digital servos) in my 35% Carden Cap and fortunately, no jitters -even in low power mode. Perhaps it's because of the '' premium'' JR Digitals ?
I had read that the Airtronics Digitals are quite good, but never tried them.
I paused ; thinking that the cheap price, even less than some ''sport'' digitals, might mean lower quality.
No knock against them because several guys I know are using them with great results.

Mine are working fine otherwise. When the Tx is several feet away from the model the jitters cease, so the only inconvenience was setting up the surface throws with a digital meter - what a beeatch that was!