Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

D1

Old 02-21-2014, 06:29 PM
learn2turn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D1

I'll be skiing through April but am already starting to think planes again. I started trying to learn the Sportsman pattern sequence all on my own last year. I'd like to get to an event or two this year to see if I really like pattern competition or not.

I read in K-factor that D1 training event probably won't happen this year as there hasn't been enough interest. I can understand if just one guy showed up. If there ever were a training event within a few hours of where I live, assuming I didn't have a family commitment, I'd definitely attend. I think I understand the moves but really don't have any experience with flying in a box.

I guess I could just show up at a contest and give it a try not worrying about if I knew what I was doing yet. I see there's a contest in Jackson, NJ. I have family in NJ so it's and easy place to go for a weekend. Don't know if I get much practice in. I won't start flying until mid-April and I have two new planes to set up.

-Ken
Old 02-24-2014, 04:33 PM
J Lachowski
My Feedback: (46)

There are a couple of guys that fly pattern from Massachusetts and Rhode island area. Contact the NSRCA District 1 VP. He should be able to get you in contact with one of them. Check the NSRCA website. www.nsrca.us

There is also a contest in Eastern NY that should be close enough for you to go to as well as the Jackson, NJ contest. Let the CD know you are new and they will get you someone to work with at the contest.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:48 AM
Anthony-RCU
My Feedback: (2)

There was an intro training event at the Hudson Valley RC club last year and that will be expanded to a full schedule event but with the same training and coaching built in. It will be May 17 at the Haverstraw Aerodrome http://www.hvrcc.com/

You are more than welcome to come practice with us at the Stormville r/c club in Stormville NY when we reopen in April. It will be about three hours for you and several masters pilots from Mass have done so in the past to prep for the Nats.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:55 AM
learn2turn

I saw the May 17 event mentioned on the Dev 1 FB page. I put it on my calendar and will definitely plan to attend assuming some other commitment doesn't prevent me from making it.

-Ken