Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Servo help

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Servo help

I'm putting new servos in my elevator and would like to know if anyone has experience with JR 9411's. The ones I'm replacing don't center very well so I'm looking for better and consistant centering.

Thanks in advance,
    Randy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Servo help

Umm, Are you asking if the 9411 centers well?
    If your servo doesn center well, it is usially the pot or geat train as long as you don't have any slop on the linkage.
    DS9411 is popular aileron servo to JR users. My new planes will have high voltage version on Ailerons.

Single elevator or dual elevator?
    Depends on how you want to set up. You wil have different answers.

I probably wil not use DS9411 for dual elevator servo setup mounting in the stab or back end of fuselage. Too heavy.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

9411 centers extremely well. A pair on the elevators would be a bit heavy (adding about 1 oz), but they would last forever. A single on the elevator would also work. You could save a bit of weight using all nylon gears (from the 911 servo). For pairs, most are using 3421 (lighter, slightly less torque and speed) or 3517 (lighter, very fast, less but still enough torque).

Regards,
    Dave Lockhart
    Team JR Americas, Thunder Power, Castle Creations, F3A Unlimited, NeuMotors, Team Contra, Central Hobbies, Tech Aero

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm using 9411's on the ailerons in my Valiants. This is the first time i have used these servos and i am extremely happy with them. They centre perfectly every time.
    The Valiant is designed for servos in the stab, but i prefer pull-pull on elevator. If i were to put servos in the stabs, i wouldn't hesitate to use the 9411's.

Regards
    Scott
    There is no such thing as too much power.