Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Servo help

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 12:16 PM
desertrider49
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo help

I'm putting new servos in my elevator and would like to know if anyone has experience with JR 9411's. The ones I'm replacing don't center very well so I'm looking for better and consistant centering.

Thanks in advance,
Randy
Old 10-09-2012, 07:11 PM
PatternFlyer
My Feedback: (182)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Servo help

Umm, Are you asking if the 9411 centers well?
If your servo doesn center well, it is usially the pot or geat train as long as you don't have any slop on the linkage.
DS9411 is popular aileron servo to JR users. My new planes will have high voltage version on Ailerons.

Single elevator or dual elevator?
Depends on how you want to set up. You wil have different answers.

I probably wil not use DS9411 for dual elevator servo setup mounting in the stab or back end of fuselage. Too heavy.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:29 AM
DaveL322

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

9411 centers extremely well. A pair on the elevators would be a bit heavy (adding about 1 oz), but they would last forever. A single on the elevator would also work. You could save a bit of weight using all nylon gears (from the 911 servo). For pairs, most are using 3421 (lighter, slightly less torque and speed) or 3517 (lighter, very fast, less but still enough torque).

Regards,
Old 10-20-2012, 02:19 AM
drac1
My Feedback: (4)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm using 9411's on the ailerons in my Valiants. This is the first time i have used these servos and i am extremely happy with them. They centre perfectly every time.
The Valiant is designed for servos in the stab, but i prefer pull-pull on elevator. If i were to put servos in the stabs, i wouldn't hesitate to use the 9411's.

Regards
Scott