Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

2m orisis

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 01:57 PM
Walfam
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2m orisis

has anyone heard how they are doing on the orisis 2m pattern plane? I do not andrew said empatically that he would not put it out unless it was right. Which is very refreshing these days.
Old 10-20-2012, 04:23 AM
jetmech43
My Feedback: (9)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: 2m orisis

I havent heard any thing, its kinda been pushed under the rug it seems.
Old 10-20-2012, 05:28 AM
danamania

One wonders if that project has gone by the wayside, what with AJ flying his new Proteus at this year's Nats?  While not specific to any 2m Osiris, I have heard that it is very difficult for the factories in Asia to source enough contest quality balsa woods for sizable production runs of an ARF.  This may have nothing to do with the prospects of a 2m Osiris coming to market, but it seems to be a factor for any new 2m model that will sell for less than $1k or so? Just a thought.
Old 10-20-2012, 07:48 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

I "think" I saw one of the "Osiris" 2M prototypes out at the field the other day. Maybe when Andrew gets done with IMAC Shootout in Tucson this weekend, you'll get some more information...
Old 10-20-2012, 05:02 PM
F.Imbriaco
My Feedback: (56)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Chinese actually own many of the balsa producing "farms" in Central and South America

Typically, ARF manufacturing operations in China do not hand pick wood because it is time consuming and too much is wasted.

Unfortunately, the wood selection is not always dictated by the structural requirements of a particular airframe component /area.

But, I guess we're fortunate to have them around because costs are held down and some folks can't or won't build.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:45 PM
balsafactory

Our balsa is really very good .

www.balsafactory.com

Old 11-27-2012, 12:31 AM
Jon Wold

ORIGINAL: F.Imbriaco

The Chinese actually own many of the balsa producing ''farms'' in Central and South America

Typically, ARF manufacturing operations in China do not hand pick wood because it is time consuming and too much is wasted.

Unfortunately, the wood selection is not always dictated by the structural requirements of a particular airframe component /area.

But, I guess we're fortunate to have them around because costs are held down and some folks can't or won't build.
With respect, are these assumptions or fact? What "typical ARF manufacturing operation" in China are you familiar with?
Old 11-27-2012, 12:50 AM
guille2006

..deleted...
Old 11-27-2012, 05:44 PM
MTK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Jon Wold

With respect, are these assumptions or fact? What "typical ARF manufacturing operation" in China are you familiar with?
I am familiar only withproducts that Extreme Flight has been getting built in China. I've had an Extra 78" and most recently a Vanquish 2 meter. Both of these models are lighter than most for their size. Balsa selection looked pretty good to me in most areas.

That has as much to do with EF pushing for goodmaterials as it does with the factory choices! One man's experience.....
Old 11-27-2012, 07:02 PM
stuntflyr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Same with me and 3DHS. Excellent wood selection and precision construction.
Chris...