Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pattern Universe - RC Pattern Flying > RC Pattern Flying
Reload this Page >

2013 Bakersfield 2nd Annual Pattern Bash

Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

2013 Bakersfield 2nd Annual Pattern Bash

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 03:01 AM
jarvis johnson
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2013 Bakersfield 2nd Annual Pattern Bash

photos
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay74245.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	1877616   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy80293.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	109.6 KB
ID:	1877617   Click image for larger version

Name:	Af90580.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	117.4 KB
ID:	1877618   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yr47367.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	116.7 KB
ID:	1877619   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rc41679.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	154.0 KB
ID:	1877620   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ar99025.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	136.1 KB
ID:	1877621   Click image for larger version

Name:	Eg77266.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	1877622   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ba89466.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	1877623  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf69046.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	123.2 KB
ID:	1877624   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nz20107.jpg
Size:	138.0 KB
ID:	1877625   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pu87924.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	134.3 KB
ID:	1877626   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xh40201.jpg
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	1877627  
Old 04-30-2013, 05:37 AM
mups53
My Feedback: (41)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope someday this event evolves into a West Coast Pattern Nats. It would be great to see you guys get what's due. Man someday I really want to attend this event!! Thanks for all the great posts. Congrats to the organizers too. Looks like you had all the bases covered.
Jerry you know I'll miss you at the Nats.
Mike Mueller
Old 04-30-2013, 08:38 AM
Surefire
My Feedback: (1)

Wow! I second all of the comments about this event. The Nor-Cal group had a blast (even though we left some Rare Bear bones bleaching in the Bakersfield sun!) Thanks to Chip and the Bear Mountain Flyers for this great event. It really is shaping up to be a West Coast "Nats"!

Thanks,
Old 04-30-2013, 10:22 AM
flyncajun

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I want to thank Chip for inviting me to this event.
I plan on going back and taking more D6 guys with me next time.
The quality of flying in all classes was high and this made a great event.

Brian Clemmons and I had a good time visiting with old friends and meeting new ones like Peter Vogal, Jim Oddino, Steve Hanna, Gordon Anderson(who worked the scoring perfectly) Bill Malvery, And Bill Sheets. Bill Sheets loaned me his great flying Valiant so I could fly in the event and went out of his way to make sure I was ready to fly with fresh batteries and module swaps.
I twisted Derek K. arm to call the F pattern for me (as a unknown )LOL I think it aged him some ,Thanks Derek.
I know I probably left a few guys out But we had a good mini vacation. the Bakersfield airport was quick and easy to get in and out just perfect.

The field was great, the view better, and the hospitality of the local fliers and event workers was outstanding.

Hope too see you there next year.

Bryan
Old 04-30-2013, 12:57 PM
Passport1
My Feedback: (8)

Everyone I really appreciate the kind words however none of it would of been possible with you guys. I couldn't ask to be a part of a finer group of pattern fliers. Brian and Brian thanks for all the help this weekend and I am looking forward to seeing you guys again in the near future. Robert what can I say but your a class act and you have an open ended invite to fly with us anytime. I am still packing for Top Gun and the Joe Nall but I am going to try to do a quick rundown and touch on some highlights IMO.

1. We flew approx. 360 contest flights in 2.5 days and had 8 different classes. Every class had a good showing with Old School just edging out sportsman with 14
2. We had a picture perfect weekend as far as the whether was concerned
3. The split involving expert and Masters was well received and I think more events are going to concider doing it as well.
4. Kyles lunch time demo was off the hook as always. Thanks you Kyle
5. Rarebares were never officially raced however we had a great time and I have never laughed so hard
6. Richard Verano's YS .61 was nothing short of awesome and I really appreciate him leaving me the backup motor which is already in my plane. LOL
7. 3 Flightlines were run for the first time since 87 at mile square and it was no problem
8. Gordon Anderson and Rex did a great job stepping in with the scoring and that will only get better next year.
9. BJ Craft what can I say. They are a class act. We raised $1740 for Make A Wish Foundation and John Bentley went home with a new plane. Thanks BJ and Alex.....
10. To all the sponsors that helped make this event possible thankyou. Zap FTE, Hobbyking, Smartfly,Budd Engineering, Hyde Mounts, Jaccio, APC, YS parts and service, Morgan Fuels, F3A Unnlimited, BJ Craft, Team Caglia, Tech styles apparel by Bruml. and Kirby Kustom Vinyl. Thank You
11. New format decided on for next year. Friday and Sat will be qualifying and Sunday will be a finals for all classes. We will take the top 5 in and they will fly twice Sunday keeping the best 2 out of 3. This will make the contest a contest until the end as well as giving guys another goal to shoot for.
12. Leon was set free to come visit us for a couple hours and will be having hi operation this week.
13. Jamie Schoolcraft is the man. You guys words cant describe the illusions or magic that he performed. Unbelievable and Jamie your never touching your score sheets again lol. Somebody else elaborate I just don't have time.
14. To my knowledge we did not have any complaints about the Judging, flight orders, or anything else and it was really appreciated by everyone.
15. After the event concluded for the day 60 guys hung out and BS'd and flew until dark just like the old days. It was great to see.
16. I knew I was in for something when I saw Jerry up front holding the Picture. lol Last time he was in a similar situation some guy sung that song "I did it my way" only changing the words to "I flew the Bi-Plane"lol Great times and once again thanks to everyone
17. Jessica is so awesome getting the last minute things taken care of we have decided to let Mike comeback again.

We are already planning next year.

Oh yeah Paul Stringer is probably the hardest working awesome guy that I have ever been around. He and his son Matt are both class acts and I am very proud to call you guys friends.

Thanks

Chip

Old 04-30-2013, 01:37 PM
STEVE HOSNER

Chip,

This was my first contest and even though my scores showed it, I still had a ball at your contest.
Great group of flyers offering help for anyone that needed it. That attitude will play a big part
in the growth of the Pattern Community. I wish that I had been able to have started attending
events years ago as a flyer instead of being a just spectator.

Thank you and everyone for all of the hard work. Hope to see many of you here in Phoenix
this weekend!

Steve
Old 04-30-2013, 02:24 PM
radioflyer9

I guess I had more fun than I thought. I slept for 13 hours straight last night!!

Steve and Chip - Thanks I will tell her.

Even though I will be in NYC I am coming back for sure next year. I'll even try to drag some of the D1 folks with me.

Caglia
Old 04-30-2013, 02:28 PM
shannah
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I forgot to thank everyone involved for all that great food! I loved those Carne Asada tacos on Sat. Hope that guy comes back next year!
Old 04-30-2013, 02:36 PM
Passport1
My Feedback: (8)

Even though I will be in NYC I am coming back for sure next year. I'll even try to drag some of the D1 folks with me.

Caglia
[/quote]
There is no doubt you will have some of those guys with you because that's how you are. Salt Lake City was a tough assignment and we all knew it. lol I have been on the phone all day and it seems like the whole west coast nationals thing is something many of you would like. I think were up for it and we can probably get quite a few more entrants if we go at this the right way. Maybe like a Wed.- Sat. contest leaving sunday open for the trip home. Just a thought. Chime in if you have any ideas on this.

C
Old 04-30-2013, 03:50 PM
rgreen24
My Feedback: (6)

Thanks to the Bear Mountain fliers and Dr Jekyl, i mean Chip Hyde for putting on the most spectacular event, i have been a part of. We had old school pattern flying, Helicopter demo, Jet demo, Care Bear racing, new school pattern flying, Herbert trimming, foamy flying, Magic tricks, great company, food food and more food, and best of all zero rain and no clouds. This event was something special and i knew when i was there last year, i had to come back and do it again; and just think only 360 days till we get to do it again

Thanks also to team Caglia for sponsoring the dinner Saturday night, and most of all thanks to all the flyers for donating money to Make a Wish. Every year in Omaha, we have a labor day Airshow and the proceeds that we raise goes to Make a Wish, so it's really awesome when you can enjoy an event and raise money in the process.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:44 PM
protectedpilot

ORIGINAL: flyncajun

I want to thank Chip for inviting me to this event.
I plan on going back and taking more D6 guys with me next time.
The quality of flying in all classes was high and this made a great event.

Brian Clemmons and I had a good time visiting with old friends and meeting new ones like Peter Vogal, Jim Oddino, Steve Hanna, Gordon Anderson(who worked the scoring perfectly) Bill Malvery, And Bill Sheets. Bill Sheets loaned me his great flying Valiant so I could fly in the event and went out of his way to make sure I was ready to fly with fresh batteries and module swaps.
I twisted Derek K. arm to call the F pattern for me (as a unknown )LOL I think it aged him some ,Thanks Derek.
I know I probably left a few guys out But we had a good mini vacation. the Bakersfield airport was quick and easy to get in and out just perfect.

The field was great, the view better, and the hospitality of the local fliers and event workers was outstanding.

Hope too see you there next year.

Bryan

Echoing what Bryan said, this was a great event. Words just don't capture the feeling of Richard Verano and Chip screaming past the pits with their 60 size classic planes, 'up on the pipe'. The rare bears flying pylon.... Kyle Dahl with his INSANE helicopter routine..... three flight lines with no midairs, I mean it was all airplanes, all the time for three days..... great food... better people..... Chip, I had more fun there than I ever did at any pattern event. I've always favored having a West Coast NATS, maybe this is it. I wanna come back, maybe even with an airplane, if I can keep from crashing one

Brian Clemmons
Old 04-30-2013, 07:16 PM
Gordon Anderson
My Feedback: (1)

It was great meeting you all and I had a great time! Derek posted the scores on the NSRCA web site, here are the links:

http://www.nsrca.us/contest_results/...estResults.XML
http://www.nsrca.us/contest_results/...estResults.XML

I would like to thank Chip for trusting me with the scoring!

Gordon