Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pattern Universe - RC Pattern Flying > RC Pattern Flying
Reload this Page >

SK3 F3A motor-same as Hacker F3A, but 29% of cost ..?

Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

SK3 F3A motor-same as Hacker F3A, but 29% of cost ..?

Old 03-04-2013, 06:10 AM
apereira

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: SK3 F3A motor-same as Hacker F3A, but 29% of cost ..?

ORIGINAL: DrMotor

ORIGINAL: apereira
A few years ago, I bought a Turnigy F3A motor, almost an exact copy of the AXI F3A, it said it had a weight of that much and had Japanese bearings, well it weighed a lot more, even when I reworked the engine in my lathe was about 30grs heavier than the specs, and the bearings were not Japanese as it said different on the bearing itself, meaning that at the end, I fully agree with Shannah. it might come form the same factory, but it does not means it is a Hacker, I do own several Hackers and some Turnigys, and there is no way anyone could say they are close to each other, it is clearly visible in the winding for example, so how can it be done in the same machines?? and the materials are not even close.
Apereira, thanks for this comment. I think you must be mistaken, however.
Let me say: I have nothing to gain by making comments which might appear positive about HobbyKing or Turnigy. My only motive is that I dislike the situation where some vendors (i.e. Hacker) sell a particular motor for 4 times the price, when the exact same motor made in the same factory is available under a different brand name (i.e LiPolice, OK Hobby) for 25% of this price. The situation does not seem right, it irritates ...
Here are some replies:

1. There has never been previously, a motor that has been labelled as a ''Turnigy F3A'' motor; -Before the recent appearance of the new ''SK3 F3A'' motor.
2. There has never been a Turnigy motor which has looked anything like the AXI 5330/F3A motor - http://www.modelmotors.cz/index.php?...=F3A&line=GOLD
3. There have been several types of ''Turnigy'' motors over the years. Most of these were manufactured by the XYH factory - http://en.xingyaohua.com/html/default.html
These various motor ranges have been called Turnigy ''standard'', the original Turnigy ''SK Aerodrive XP'', Turnigy ''XP'', Turnigy ''L'' type, and also some others.
4. These previous Turnigy motor types were cheaper and lower quality that the newer SK3 motors. The older Turnigy types were generally fine for good sport flying, many people were happy with these motors. However, they were not generally motors one might consider for an F3A plane.

5. However, we are now in a different ball park with these newer SK3 motors. They are much higher quality and better performance than all the previous Turnigy motor types.
6. The SK3 motors are all made in the SunRay Technology factory, which makes the Hacker and Torque motors on the same production line. They have the same quality and performance (and in most cases identical specs) as Hacker and Torque motors.
7. I have purchased several of the SK3 motors -indoor-size, 30-size, 50-size and 60-size. They come in an identical box to a Hacker motor, have in general identical accessories. And when you take these SK3 motors apart, they have exactly the same stators and windings to the matching same-size Hacker motor.

Apereira, it would be wrong to make any assumption about these quite impressive SK3 motors, from a Turnigy motor that you purchased some years ago.
Times have changed ....
Yes, times have changed, I was screwed once by Turnigy on this one, and that is enough, I have never been screwed by Hacker or Axi, so my money goes to those, Turnigy lied on the motor specs and bearings, again LIED. And let me tell you, I do own the motors I talked about, don't tell me I am mistaken, as I have them, you, on the other said, have only presented words, and, who are you anyway? why should we take your word for granted? Finally, if you can not see the Turnigy Aerodrive XP SK6364-230 not being a copy of the AXI 5330 F3A, then I do understand why you think all this motors are the same.......

Old 03-04-2013, 06:29 AM
apereira

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

A few years ago, I bought a Turnigy F3A motor, almost an exact copy of the AXI F3A, it said it had a weight of that much and had Japanese bearings, well it weighed a lot more, even when I reworked the engine in my lathe was about 30grs heavier than the specs, and the bearings were not Japanese as it said different on the bearing itself, meaning that at the end, I fully agree with Shannah. it might come form the same factory, but it does not means it is a Hacker, I do own several Hackers and some Turnigys, and there is no way anyone could say they are close to each other, it is clearly visible in the winding for example, so how can it be done in the same machines?? and the materials are not even close.
Apereira, thanks for this comment. I think you must be mistaken, however.
Let me say: I have nothing to gain by making comments which might appear positive about HobbyKing or Turnigy. My only motive is that I dislike the situation where some vendors (i.e. Hacker) sell a particular motor for 4 times the price, when the exact same motor made in the same factory is available under a different brand name (i.e LiPolice, OK Hobby) for 25% of this price. The situation does not seem right, it irritates ...
Here are some replies:

1. There has never been previously, a motor that has been labelled as a ''Turnigy F3A'' motor; -Before the recent appearance of the new ''SK3 F3A'' motor.
2. There has never been a Turnigy motor which has looked anything like the AXI 5330/F3A motor - http://www.modelmotors.cz/index.php?...=F3A&line=GOLD
3. There have been several types of ''Turnigy'' motors over the years. Most of these were manufactured by the XYH factory - http://en.xingyaohua.com/html/default.html
These various motor ranges have been called Turnigy ''standard'', the original Turnigy ''SK Aerodrive XP'', Turnigy ''XP'', Turnigy ''L'' type, and also some others.
4. These previous Turnigy motor types were cheaper and lower quality that the newer SK3 motors. The older Turnigy types were generally fine for good sport flying, many people were happy with these motors. However, they were not generally motors one might consider for an F3A plane.

5. However, we are now in a different ball park with these newer SK3 motors. They are much higher quality and better performance than all the previous Turnigy motor types.
6. The SK3 motors are all made in the SunRay Technology factory, which makes the Hacker and Torque motors on the same production line. They have the same quality and performance (and in most cases identical specs) as Hacker and Torque motors.
7. I have purchased several of the SK3 motors -indoor-size, 30-size, 50-size and 60-size. They come in an identical box to a Hacker motor, have in general identical accessories. And when you take these SK3 motors apart, they have exactly the same stators and windings to the matching same-size Hacker motor.

Apereira, it would be wrong to make any assumption about these quite impressive SK3 motors, from a Turnigy motor that you purchased some years ago.
Times have changed ....
I own the AXI 5330 F3A and also own the Turnigy Aerodrive XP SK6364-230 which I dissasembled to rework it, why? again, the motor was about 80grs over the specs, so, specs were wrong, they lied about the bearings also, and that is enough for me, they lied, period. If you say the Turnigy I own, was never an F3A motor, then you never read their page and specs as that is why I go it, and obviously you can not see the Turnigy being a copy of the Axi, so that only tells me that you seem to be a keyboard expert looking for internet information, not a modeler who understand motors.

As stated before, this is a waste of time, all the names I see here pretty much think the same as we all but you do, I do not think you can fool us.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:43 AM
tuny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

See what happens??? if you people would fly YS everybody will be happy! jajaja

so whats the problem? if some guy is happy buying a cheap Chinese motor and believe is a top end motor then let it be! obviously he started the thread as a question, and that question was answered, NO they are not the same. But maybe the intention of the tread was not the question but to convince everybody that he is correct???
Old 03-04-2013, 06:57 AM
Jeff Worsham
My Feedback: (28)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: tuny

the intention of the tread
This has been my question, having had a look at Dr. Motor's posting history.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:08 AM
Hokie Flyer

Jeff,

I"m with you.  I looked at his post history and concluded he's a shill for Hobby King.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:21 AM
DrMotor

if you can not see the Turnigy Aerodrive XP SK6364-230 not being a copy of the AXI 5330 F3A, then
Hello Apereira, I have looked at these two motors.
The Turnigy Aerodrive-Xp SK 63-64 looks NOTHING like the AXI 5330/F3A. There is NO resemblance whatsoever.
http://www.jokerhobby.com/turnigy-sk...-outrunner.htm
http://www.electricwingman.com/model...-5330/f3a.aspx

And also the SPECS ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT for these 2 motors:
(The Aerodrive-Xp SK 63-64 was an "N" series motor made by the XYH factory - http://en.xingyaohua.com/html/play/430.html; its weight on the XYH website is given as 706g; -This motor has not been sold by HobbyKing for ~2 years ... )

Turnigy Aerodrive-Xp SK 63-64: 690g, Kv 230, diam 63.4mm, length 67.4mm, Shaft diam 10mm, 9 turn; Cell count 8-10S Li-Po; Glow Equivalent 1.60; Suggested Prop: 22x12 to 24x10; -"For 30% scale warbirds or 3D planes up to 100inch and anything requiring a 45cc gas engine"

AXI 5330/F3A GOLD LINE: 652g, Kv 235, diam 63mm, length 64 mm, Shaft diam 8 mm; No. of cells 10s Li-Po; Glow Equivalent 1.40; Recommended for propeller 20"x13"

It is impossible that the Turnigy Aerodrive-Xp SK 63-64 is a copy of the AXI 5330/F3A. The Turnigy motoris 40g heavier, 4mm longer, has a 10mm shaft, uses a 2" larger prop, and was NEVER intended for F3A planes (-it is much too heavy at 690g ...)
These two motors are not even close ...

Old 03-04-2013, 07:25 AM
DrMotor

ORIGINAL: Hokie Flyer
I looked at his post history and concluded he's a shill for Hobby King.
IS THIS A JOKE ...?
Why would I be a "shill" -when I am revealing in my posts, which (chinese) factories manufacture all the different HobbyKing motors and ESC's ...?
Clearly, this is not helpful to HobbyKing;and would perhaps not be thought of as useful by any retailer which is mentioned in this context...
Old 03-04-2013, 07:43 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

It has been shown that certain chicom factories build items for different manufactures under different contracts on the same assembly line, The higher priced/quality product gets better parts, more attention to assembly details and  more stringent testing  while the similar but lesser quality product gets lower quality parts, less attention to detail and less testing.. They may look similar and have similar specs but the parts,process,and testing is different resulting in good, better, best finished products.
Clones fall under this but copies are a bit different . Copies are chicoms taking a design/patent from someone else and making that product to look exactly like the original right down the nomenclature and artwork. Using less expensive parts,less quality control and selling it for way less than the original while the original manufacturer gets nothing but headaches over it.

Old 03-04-2013, 07:47 AM
DrMotor

ORIGINAL: tuny
obviously he started the thread as a question, and that question was answered,
But maybe the intention of the tread was not the question but to convince everybody that he is correct?
1. Quite true. I started the thread as a simple question.
First, I outlined the background of the SK3 motors, and showed how they are manufactured in the same chinese factory as Hacker, Torque etc etc. Then I pointed out that the specs of thenew SK3 F3A motor are surprisingly similar to the Hacker A60-7S V2 28-Poleand the Hacker Q60-7M F3A, and that all threemotorswill be manufactured side-by-side in the same chinesefactory.
Then I asked the question -how similar might theSK3 F3A motor be to the Hacker F3A motor, given the fact that the Hacker F3A motor costs 3.5 times as much as the SK3 F3A.

2. Clearly, the SK3 F3A motor is NOT IDENTICAL to the Hacker F3A motors. -Inever stated that it was.The SK3 and the Hacker motors have a different external appearance, of course. Also the shaft comes out at different ends of the SK3 motor compared to the Hacker -although the Hacker A60-22S V2 28pole ( very similar toHacker A60-7S)is configured similarly to the SK3 F3A motor. And the Hacker motors are 7 turn, whereas the SK3 motor is 6 turn -so they have slightly different Kv's.
However, in many other respects the SK3 F3A and the Hacker F3A motors are quite similar ...

3. I am most certainly not trying to convince anyone that one viewpoint is somehow more "correct" than another.
I am simply presenting objective and verifiable evidence, and making quite reasonableconclusions from this evidence.
It is the objective evidence that is the important thing here ...

4.One issue that seems to crop up for many people - is that for some reason they regard Hacker motors as a "special breed" -very much like we used to think of O.S motors and YS motors in theold IC days. No IC motors could ever be as good as O.S or YS . -they were the "gold standard", "the very best" ...

5. And that seems to be how people think of Hacker motors in 2012 / 2013 -that they are somehow the "gold standard",they are "the best of the best". And that is whyHacker can charge4 times as much for a particularmotor, compared to the same-size Gens Ace motor, or LiPolice motor,or OK Hobby motor etc etc.People will pay this 4-fold premium, for a motor that might be regarded asthe "gold standard" and "the best".
It is almost as if people have an emotional reaction to this matter -that they cannot even begin to believe that Hacker outrunner motors might, in fact, be exactly the same motor sold under adifferent brand name, made in the same factory, using identical working parts,for just 25% of the cost of a Hacker. Theycannot even begin to contemplate the very idea that this "terrible thing" might be happening. It just cannot be true ...

6. BUT ACTUALLY -ARE WE ALL BEING FOOLED ?
In reality, are the Hacker outrunner motors just another one ofthe brands made at the SunRay Technology factory in China, all based on the generic SunRay Tech motors. -Are the Hacker motors actually identical toTorque, Pelikan Foxy, LiPolice, OK Hobby Infinite, Turnigy SK3, Shulman Aviation Fury motors etc etc ... ?
Are the Hacker outrunner motors actually justanother "clone" of the SunRay Tech generic motors ..?
-The only difference being that the Hacker motors have purple colour cans, black end housings, and have the Hacker label placed on them ...?
-The other major difference beingthat the Hackerprice is 4-fold that of the other identical motor brands, made side-by-side at the same factory ..?

That is the basic idea that most people have difficulty with, is it not ...?
Old 03-04-2013, 08:32 AM
DrMotor

if you can not see the Turnigy Aerodrive XP SK6364-230 not being a copy of the AXI 5330 F3A, then .....
apereira: PULSO motors are well known to be (high quality) copies of the AXImotors - http://pulsosystem.com/motor/4130.html#
-they even use an identical motor naming system as AXI, and the PULSO motors have almost identical dimensions as AXI motors. The largestmotor they make is 4130 size, andthey do not go as large (yet) as the 5325 or 5330 F3A motors.
So these Pulso motors ARE a very close copy of AXI motors (-unlike the old Turnigy Aerodrive-Xp SK motor which you obtained...)
Pulso motors aresold in the USA as Innov8tive "Cobra" motors -with small changes made to them by Innov8tive Design -http://www.innov8tivedesigns.com/index.php?cPath=21_120
Old 03-04-2013, 08:51 AM
Jeff Worsham

3. I am most certainly not trying to convince anyone that one viewpoint is somehow more ''correct'' than another.
I am simply presenting objective and verifiable evidence, and making quite reasonable conclusions from this evidence.
It is the objective evidence that is the important thing here ...
I'm new to pattern and reletively new to electric. Here's my objective evidence: I bought a cheapo motor to try, it was noisy and sounded like crap. Sounded like it was made with cheap bearings. I hated it. Later tried a cheapo ESC (one of your other favorite topics) and it was DOA. Gave it to a friend with more experience on cheapo ESC's, and he couldn't make it work either.

6. BUT ACTUALLY -ARE WE ALL BEING FOOLED ?
In reality, are the Hacker outrunner motors just another one of the brands made at the SunRay Technology factory in China, all based on the generic SunRay Tech motors. -Are the Hacker motors actually identical to Torque, Pelikan Foxy, LiPolice, OK Hobby Infinite, Turnigy SK3, Shulman Aviation Fury motors etc etc ... ?
Are the Hacker outrunner motors actually just another ''clone'' of the SunRay Tech generic motors ..?
-The only difference being that the Hacker motors have purple colour cans, black end housings, and have the Hacker label placed on them ...?
-The other major difference being that the Hacker price is 4-fold that of the other identical motor brands, made side-by-side at the same factory ..?

That is the basic idea that most people have difficulty with, is it not ...?
Based on my own experience and what I've witnessed with others, I don't think I'm being fooled. My Hackers and Castle ESC's are still running smooth, strong and are reliable (as long as I don't drive them into the ground). And I tend to stick with what works, unless it quits working properly. So far, I'm a happy customer with what I've got, thank you.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:01 AM
DrMotor

ORIGINAL: Jeff Worsham
Here's my objective evidence: I bought a cheapo motor to try, it was noisy and sounded like crap. Sounded like it was made with cheap bearings. I hated it. Later tried a cheapo ESC (one of your other favorite topics) and it was DOA.
Jeff: Which motor, which ESC ..? I am interested, out of curiosity.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:58 AM
Jeff Worsham

Here's my objective evidence: I bought a cheapo motor to try, it was noisy and sounded like crap. Sounded like it was made with cheap bearings. I hated it. Later tried a cheapo ESC (one of your other favorite topics) and it was DOA.
Jeff: Which motor, which ESC ..? I am interested, out of curiosity.
It was one of the smaller Emax motors and the ESC was a "HURC," I forget what size but it was small too- 18A I think. This was a reletively cheap lesson which I applied when it came time to buy parts for larger airframes. So far it's paid off for me.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:22 AM
DrMotor

It was one of the smaller Emax motors and the ESC was a "HURC," I forget what size but it was small too- 18A I think.
Had a quick look at these - on HeadsUpRC website.
a. 18A ESC looks like a HobbyWing -uses HW program card. These are usually very reliable, work fine. Unusual to be DOA.
b. EMax motors -fine for sport flying, not for F3A. Many people have had good success with EMax motors.
GT-series and BL-series motors are reasonable quality, and usually fine. CF-series EMax motors are cheap and low quality.

Old 03-04-2013, 12:08 PM
Jeff Worsham

Yep- money down the drain. The other stuff I bought (motors- Hacker, E-Flite, Electrifly and ESC's- Castle, E-Flite, Electrifly) continue to work fine. Amount of enjoyment per dollar spent continues to go up with each successful flight. I've got buddies that use the cheap stuff- sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. And you hate to see a guy drive all the way to the flying site and not get one flight in because the cheap stuff (that even worked at home) doesn't work at the field. Unfortunately it happens.

I'm looking foward to trying an OS Motor, but I'm still saving up!
Old 03-04-2013, 02:17 PM
JRgraham
My Feedback: (1)

If you ask me, that cheap clone crud is only destroying the hobby as a whole.

How many people that are just starting out now a days, can not really afford the name brand stuff, so they get a grip of garbage look a likes from.. uh, over seas.. only to struggle and struggle with the junk, and finally give up because that experience out weighs the idea of trying again with some quality stuff..

To us more seasoned enthusiasts, we chock it up as a live and learn kinda deal.. but those poor folks that think they are getting a real bargin with the ~insert company that sells china clone crud here~ stuff.. in many cases give up before they get to expierence the true hobby for what it can be.

Is there any hope...

Really does not matter where a product is made, even if that high end motor is made in the same spot the cloned crud motor is made, really does not mean jack in my opinion. What matters is if they are actually changing out the tools, swaping the cut rate material for the top shelf stuff and whatever else prior to starting up the shift/line that makes the good ones.. and if the same people are running both lines.. at least hope that they understand that they need to shift mind sets to perfection when they change the production line over to the name brand..

Idunno.,., Hard to say either way whats going on until one of us takes a trip over and pokes around a bit. Idoubt that will happen soon though.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:16 AM
DrMotor

deleted

Old 03-05-2013, 03:19 AM
DrMotor

COMPARISON OF SOME MOTOR PRICES:
The motors in each list are all identical, have matching specs, and are all made in the SunRay Technology factory
Prices in order of ascending $

30-SIZE MOTORS, 143g
Nova Line DT3019/14-800 $20.79(640 RPH)
Turnigy SK3 3542-800Kv 14T $35.81
Gens ACE Mars BL3744-800KV, 14T $42.07(32.32 euros)
APACHE APL30-14T 815 Kv $66.51(62.60 CHF)
Hacker A30-14-L-V2, Kv 800 $79.99 in USA, $100.24 in UK
Torque 2814T/820 143g; Kv 820 $79.99

30-SIZE MOTORS, 177g
Nova Line DT3025/12-750 $23.24(715 RPH)
Infinite A3025-770, 12T $35.29
Turnigy SK3 3548-700kv, 12T $36.32
Gens ACE Mars BL3749-770KV, 12T $44.73(34.35 euros)
LP-3025/12T-770KV $51.96(39.90 euros)
APACHE APXL30-12T 750 Kv $71.63(67.40 CHF)
Foxy C3025/12 770 Kv $75.49(£49.95)
OS OMA-3825 Kv 750 $79.98
Torque 2812T/720, Kv 720 $84.95
Hacker A30-12 XL V3, Kv 700 $89.99 in USA, $111.89 in UK
HYPERION Z3025-12T 685 KV $121.70,$66.36 from AircraftWorld
Old 03-05-2013, 03:37 AM
DrMotor

The motors in each list are all identical, have matching specs, and are all made in the SunRay Technology factory

50-SIZE MOTORS, 345g
Pilotage Nova Line DT4123/16 Kv378 $31.80(978 RPH)
Infinite A4025-370 $50.88
LP-4025 /16T-385KV $68.86(52.90 euros)
Foxy C4025/16 385 Kv $107.16(£70.95)
OS OMA-5025 Kv 375 $119.98
APACHE APL41-16T 320 Kv $121.97(114.70 CHF)
Hacker A50-16-S-V2, Kv 378 $129.99 in USA, $173.64 in UK
HYPERION Z4025 16 TURN 368 KV $164.90, $65.89 from AircraftWorld

50-SIZE MOTORS, 430g
Nova Line DT4133/14-354 $35.57(1094 RPH)
Infinite A4035-300, 14T $55.88
LP-4035 /14T-310KV $81.92(62.90 euros)
Foxy C4035/14 310 Kv$123.86(£81.95)
HYPERION Z4035 14T 299 KV $165.80, $75.80 from AircraftWorld
Hacker A50-14-L-V2, Kv 300 $169.99 in USA, $214.55 in UK

Old 03-05-2013, 03:48 AM
DrMotor

1. Results are quite surprising; There is a hugerange of price,for motors that are essentially identical, have identical specs, and aremade in the same factory.

2. Hacker motors cost 40% more in UK than in USA -so Hacker motors appear much more expensive in UK.

3. Hyperion Z motors purchased from Airstrike often cost more than the matching Hacker motor; BUTif purchased from AircraftWorld,they are almost half the price from Airstrike.

4. Turnigy SK motors are generally about 30% of the price of the matching and equivalent Hacker USA motor price.

5. Torque motors are about same price as Hacker USA, sometimes slightly more.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:55 AM
siberianhusky

Just because they look the same does not mean they are the same motor.
I've taken apart a HK Leopard 4074 clone and compared it to a true leopard 4074 . Rotor wasn't nearly nicely as wrapped and cheap chinese bearings. These were ONLY the things I could identify as visibly different, I'd bet cheaper magnets and probably a cheaper shaft as well, probably cheaper copper windings.
Certainly look like a different coloured leopard but the proof is in the pudding. They are NOT built to the same standards.
40$ less than a leopard but also far less quality.
Buy some of these motors, take them apart, test them. Then maybe this thread will have the slightest bit of validity.
All this is is a bunch of regurgitated crap from websites. Based on nothing but how they look on the outside.
Anybody who makes a motor choice based on this drivel is foolish!
Started out thinking cheap stuff was the same as the good stuff, oddly I have almost no cheap stuff left, it's all failed while my Castle and Lehner stuff is still going strong and in no need of replacement.
Add in the lack of customer service from these budget places and the extended wait times for delivery and it's just not worth it.
You know if it's NFG out of the box you just lost your money, I buy from a hobby shop and it doesn't work, I drive back and get a new one right away! You might get lucky with a 6 month PP claim from the over seas shops, but in the mean time you not doing what you enjoy.
Not saying all these motors a junk, but they are not the same as the high end versions, even if they are made in the same plant. Takes no time for them to swap out a roll of copper, change bearings or make shaft blanks out of softer material or load the machinery full of lower quality magnets.
I'm convinced most of these are done with the Leopard clones, they certainly are not as strong running as a true Leopard, thats backed up with a data logger. Amperage was higher and temperatures were higher, just by swapping in a clone motor.
As I said this thread needs some actual testing and not just hours of believing what you read on the internet.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:16 AM
cmoulder

As I said this thread needs some actual testing and not just hours of believing what you read on the internet.
Amen.

Put that Turnigy in a $4000 airframe and report back to us after 500 flights.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:22 AM
vbortone
My Feedback: (2)

It is important to mention one detail. I was able to verify that Hacker motors are dinamically balance. I don't think all other brands are. This could be an important additional factor in the determining final price.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:50 AM
DrMotor

60 SIZE MOTORS, 590g
Infinite A5030-235, 20T$99.41
LP-5030 /20T-235KV $149.65(114.90 euros)
Hacker A60-20S V2 28pole, Kv 245 $214.99 in USA, $297.53 in UK
HYPERION Z5025 20T 235 KV $274.90, $95.90 from AircraftWorld

60 SIZE MOTORS, 760g
Turnigy SK3 6364-190kv, 18T $70.47
Hacker A60-18 M, Kv 190 $239.99 in USA, $325.51 in UK
Hyperion Z5035-18, 18T, 190Kv $295.60, $103.10 from AircraftWorld

Old 03-05-2013, 05:24 AM
DrMotor

ORIGINAL: siberianhusky
Buy some of these motors, take them apart, test them. Then maybe this thread will have the slightest bit of validity.
I HAVE DONE THIS. I have a few HACKER motors.
I have purchased the equivalent same-size GENS ACE and TURNIGY SK3 motors
I have taken them all apart.
The GENS ACE and TURNIGY SK3 motors have IDENTICAL stator and windings to the HACKERmotors.
They have identical magnets, and identical bearings.
They also give identical performance figures - Kv, thrust, RPM, current and watts, on the motor test stand that I built.

All this is is a bunch of regurgitated crap from websites. Based on nothing but how they look on the outside.
NOT TRUE AT ALL. This is not "regurgitated" from "websites". It is objective evidence comparing the published specs for each motor.
This objective evidenceshows that the specs of each matching motor are identical,and they are all made in the same factory -we know that.
The conclusions arenot, in any way whatsoever, based on "how the motors look on the outside" -because a HACKER motor looks slightly different externally to a GENS ACE motor, or a TORQUE motor, or a SHULMAN FURY motor.
-But on theINSIDE, all these motors are identical as far as the working parts are concerned.

As Christian Lucas stated: "look inside a motor to compare.The outside will sweet talk your eyes, but has nothing to do with performance"

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.