Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Focus Sport

Old 03-06-2013, 08:14 PM
darylm44

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Focus Sport

Does anyone know which red covering was used on the Focus Sport. I flew the covering off of the horizotal stabilizer today and would like to match the color.

Thanks,
Old 03-07-2013, 05:52 AM
jkruger

Default RE: Focus Sport

Believe it is coverite red
Old 03-07-2013, 06:34 AM
cmoulder

ORIGINAL: darylm44

Does anyone know which red covering was used on the Focus Sport. I flew the covering off of the horizotal stabilizer today and would like to match the color.

Thanks,

[link=http://www.horizonhobby.com/products/ultracote-flame-red-HANU883]Ultracote flame red[/link]
Old 03-07-2013, 07:08 AM
MTK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: darylm44

Thanks,
You flew in early March in Alaska?? That's great!! Hoping we can do that in Jersey this coming weekend. But right now, it's snowing like crazy.....
Old 03-07-2013, 09:08 AM
darylm44

We fly year round. We drag our field to pack the snow until we get a big dump and then we have to plow. I use a transmitter mit with a heater when it is really cold, a lot of our members use light gloves but I don't like the feel of gloves. Our club record is -30F. Four of us actually flew that day. You can preheat the head of a Nitro engine with a propane tourch if you keep the propane warm in a running car, or you can place the hub in the exhaust pipe of a running car for 15 to 20 minutes and warm the head that way. Batteries start but you can ruin them Remember we all have good Artic gear and boots so it is mainly our fingers that get really cold. When I leave the house to fly in temperatures below +20 my wife just looks at me and says "stupid".

Right now we are having a false spring and yesterday it was 35F with sun and no wind. It was a perfect day for flying and 4 members showed up. I don't take my good planes out until the weather gets like this.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:20 PM
cmoulder

I also don't like transmitter covers nor the feel of gloves and use them only when absolutely necessary. One option is to get some Polartec 300 gloves and cut out the thumbs, and when flying use some of the chemical heater packs inside the gloves on the back of each hand. Works very well for me.
Old 03-09-2013, 04:15 PM
darylm44

Drove 80 miles round trip and purchased a roll of Ultracote Flame Red. Cut a piece 7" x 10" and made my repair. My wife thinks I am addited
Old 03-09-2013, 05:26 PM
JRgraham
My Feedback: (1)

80 miles round trip.. for alaska?? Heck, Id think thats like going out for coffee up there
Icould do that here in oregon easy!

And they say those alaskans are tough...

JK!
Old 03-10-2013, 02:28 AM
cmoulder

ORIGINAL: Shimano

80 miles round trip.. for alaska?? Heck, Id think thats like going out for coffee up there [img][/img]
I could do that here in oregon easy!

And they say those alaskans are tough...

JK!
I'd wager there's a Starbucks right there in Eugene.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:26 AM
JRgraham
My Feedback: (1)

sure sure.. you wont see me in one though. Iprefer coffee that Iknow about.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:39 AM
crankpin
My Feedback: (15)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looking for a Focus Sport fuselage. Don't mean to hijack this thread. I have everything else in ARC, was glad to get some parts when Piedmont was shutting down the import of the Focus'.

Crank [email protected]
Old 04-11-2013, 03:28 AM
crankpin
My Feedback: (15)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Success ! I purchased an ARC, complete kit, then an ARF kit came up, bought it. Sold the ARC, all is well. Thanks for all response.

Crank