Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Hyde Mount Performance

Old 05-06-2013, 07:00 PM
Don Szczur
My Feedback: (1)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Hyde Mount Performance

I don't know what Myrle did in terms of refinement, but this mount is amazing. I put in the newest Hyde engine mount last August- right after the NATS. 35 gallons of 20 percent heli Cool Power and I just took the 170 engine out to be proactive. I have never gone that far in an engine before with zero maintenance, not even adjusting the needle valve. Just fuel and fly, gallon after gallon. Also 35 gallons with no leaking header pipe (normally I have needed new O rings after every 4 to 5 gallons because I am using the old Central Hobbies aluminum headers). This has been a good run. Now I have the YS 175 back in. My hat is off to his innovation and refinement to his design for optimum performance, airframe and engine life.

Don
Old 05-06-2013, 10:13 PM
bjr_93tz

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Default RE: Hyde Mount Performance

35 US gallons is about 250 tanks (assuming 500cc consumed per tank) or about 400 schedules worth of flying?
Old 05-07-2013, 10:11 AM
jim woodward

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FWIW, Last year I installed Hyde Mounts on my DA170 IMAC planes. Since doing so, not a single stringer has broken loose, and the bolts stay in place. Battery life is up - same things we learned in pattern. I wish I would have installed then on the gas twins years ago. Great product!!
Old 05-07-2013, 12:27 PM
vbortone
My Feedback: (2)

Hi Jim,

Good to hear from you. I have been flying a DA 100 with soft mount since 2005. I think I got at least 2000 flights in this airplane and still going strong. Check the pictures. Never a coupler or screw came loose. One time a couple of guys were in the other side of the field. I fired the engine for a short period of time to check everything before flying. We were in IMAC contest in Wichita some years ago. They came to me to ask me if I wa using electric power. I measured one time at 91 db on ground. I used Merle's soft mounts for many years and never had problems. Clearly one of the best products for RC application ever.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98600.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	111.0 KB
ID:	1880009   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk24811.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	1880010  
Old 05-07-2013, 12:30 PM
vatechguy3
My Feedback: (11)

ORIGINAL: jim woodward

FWIW, Last year I installed Hyde Mounts on my DA170 IMAC planes. Since doing so, not a single stringer has broken loose, and the bolts stay in place. Battery life is up - same things we learned in pattern. I wish I would have installed then on the gas twins years ago. Great product!!

any pics of this setup?

how expensive are they?

tony
Old 05-07-2013, 01:05 PM
desertrider49
My Feedback: (5)

Is there a web address ?
Old 05-07-2013, 06:15 PM
jim woodward

Hi Vicente,
Thanks for the note. If you do a google search for "Hyde Mount Users Help," you will find a whole thread on Flyin!g Gian!ts. Lots of pictures in the thread. It is around $225 i think for the larger mount. The wooden airframes also get quieter, as did Vicentes composite.
Thanks,
Jim

Edit, best to call or email Meryle, no website.
Old 05-09-2013, 01:57 PM
rcflyer4fun

Meryl said he hand makes everyone of the mounts. The craftsmanship is second to none!