Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pattern Universe - RC Pattern Flying > RC Pattern Flying
Reload this Page >

Decided I really should order before I changed my mind

Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Decided I really should order before I changed my mind

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2013, 02:04 PM
learn2turn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Decided I really should order before I changed my mind

I ordered a BJ Craft Monolog 70 Combo#1 w hacker A50-12S and Castle 100Amp ESC from f3aunlimited. I wanted to catch the sale. My plan was to buy the plane and then spend $50-150 on parts each month during the winter to finish it. One month servos, one month batteries, one month accessories. But I couldn't find a better deal on the motor and ESC so I figured I just buy the combo. So the combo will be my spending for Sept, Oct, Nov. In Dec I'll get the servos, in Jan the accessories, and Mar the lipos, my plan is to have it ready in April when our club has its yearly show off your winter building projects night.

I was going to get a cheaper ESC as I've had very good luck with ZTWs and then look for the motor on sale. There was Labor Day on Hacker from aeromodel but then you didn't get the free shipping and that almost totally offset savings on for the sale. They wanted $15 shipping charge to ship one motor, total rip. (I get as many parts as I want in one shipment from headsup for $2 shipping.) That really pi$$ed me off. So I figured f3unlimited deserved my business for the motor, ESC, and airframe and I ordered it all from them.

-Ken aka l2t
Old 09-08-2013, 02:19 PM
Jeff Worsham
My Feedback: (28)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations, I'm guessing you'll be happy with your choice. Good stuff purchased where you'll get good service. Lots of value in that.