Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Temptation F3A

Old 11-17-2013, 02:10 AM
LS1f

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Temptation F3A

Is the Temptation a good airplane? I need some input here. Build quality, flying, etc.

Who is the manufacturer?

I can get one slightly used without the electric setup and servos for about $325.

I will still use a 10s setup if I decide to buy the plane. What motor do you recommend?
Just want a 2x2 because my smaller Helios 63e fly much better than anything else I have, even than my 1/4 scale Extra 300.

Regards
Knut I. Skattebo
Hvittingfoss, Norway
Old 11-17-2013, 02:18 AM
RuneG

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

I had one some years ago , good plane (dont think you get kits any more) what motor , I really dont know but I think maybe its a bit narrow in the nose for the new Hacker Q80's so I think any "normal" outrunner will do, maybe some off this "not" competiton Hackers or the Himax 210 it depends on you budget.
The plane I had was sold to a nice guy i Stavanger and its now over 10 years old and has around 800 flights and as I know still going strong.
Old 11-17-2013, 04:51 AM
LS1f

The old setup in the plane was with a AXI 5325. I don't know wich one of the 5325's.

If it's a good plane, I think I will buy it. I'm not into competition flying but I just like the way the pattern planes fly and like to fly precision aerobatics.

--
Knut I. Skattebo
Hvittingfoss, Norway
Old 11-17-2013, 05:07 AM
RuneG

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

If you think about schedules I think it will be perfect for Sport and Nordic you can get it through the Fai secuence to but it not ideal it flies a bit fast but its all about throtel management!
If you go with Axi see if you can find a one with about 200-230 kv for 10s , set it up with a Jeti and have fun , if you dont need down line braking its several choices I have had bad experience with Castel (makes a lot off noice at higher braking so no good)
Old 11-17-2013, 07:02 AM
Ekvien

If its Jarans old plane, it flies very well. Have seen it several times with the Axi setup. Here is a link to the maiden flight http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc_o76K9f78
Old 11-17-2013, 03:35 PM
AmericanSpectre505

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Piedmount Models was the company, same company that put out the Brio and the Focus and Focus II.

Originally Posted by LS1f
Is the Temptation a good airplane? I need some input here. Build quality, flying, etc.

Who is the manufacturer?

I can get one slightly used without the electric setup and servos for about $325.

I will still use a 10s setup if I decide to buy the plane. What motor do you recommend?
Just want a 2x2 because my smaller Helios 63e fly much better than anything else I have, even than my 1/4 scale Extra 300.

Regards
Knut I. Skattebo
Hvittingfoss, Norway