Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ys y bother

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by JRgraham View Post
    I agree, it is out of the ordinary. And I have had it apart and new gaskets 3 times. The back plate would be disintegrated on the one side every time, so it is consistent. After that third rebuilt with same results, I put it in the box until I both regained the desire to do it again and seek out better gasket material. Because I am almost certain I will have to find the materiel and cut them, (and did cut a set once) its a real pain in the rear.. but I will eventually. Might just be in the near future, since I have some new ideas too.. (like welding the thing together! just kidding)
    The problem isn't the gasket.
    There is no such thing as too much power.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    your probably right, I thought too that maybe the crank is just not quite balanced enough or something, but I can't say the engine wasnt smooth either.. at least average vib's. not sure what else to blame.

*I guess this is not really hijacking a thread, since the OP solved his problem, right?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I have never owned a DZ but I still have several of the old 1.20 and a couple of the 110s. To date I have never had a problem with one, well no problem caused by the manufacture.
    I do have one of the 140 DZs I was given for a parts engine though but none of the parts do me any good except for some of the screws. {maybe?} I do need a new cylinder for a 110, my bad, broke it in a crash on the first flight after a rebuild, Broke right at the header.
    Anyway, anyone need any 140 parts I have a few.
    Drinking and driving are illegal, why do bars have parking lots
    Daisy Air Guns, keeping kids off your lawn for 100 years

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Beard View Post
    I have never owned a DZ but I still have several of the old 1.20 and a couple of the 110s. To date I have never had a problem with one, well no problem caused by the manufacture.
    I do have one of the 140 DZs I was given for a parts engine though but none of the parts do me any good except for some of the screws. {maybe?} I do need a new cylinder for a 110, my bad, broke it in a crash on the first flight after a rebuild, Broke right at the header.
    Anyway, anyone need any 140 parts I have a few.
    Why is it only a parts engine? You may be able to get it running.
    The 140 runs a bit harsher than the160 on, but still a good and powerful engine.
    There is no such thing as too much power.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    A friend bought it and asked me to look at it to see why it wouldn't turn over. Without going out and looking at it I recall a broken rod, crank and plate. It can be repaired but I looked up the prices of the parts and it isn't worth it to me. I have a 140 sport and several 120s not being used right now, I don't need a 140DZ so it's just sitting in a box. I haven't needed any screws either so it isn't even parts to me. It is missing one push rod tube though?
    Drinking and driving are illegal, why do bars have parking lots
    Daisy Air Guns, keeping kids off your lawn for 100 years

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Actually the diagram is of the YS70DZ and the position of the fuel line is wrong so was the line straight out of the box...
    Once you switch them around the engine will fire.......YS should fix this issue

rgds

Mavros

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by MAVROS View Post
    Actually the diagram is of the YS70DZ and the position of the fuel line is wrong so was the line straight out of the box...
    Once you switch them around the engine will fire.......YS should fix this issue

rgds
    Mavros
    As Scott and I posted, the schematic in the manuals on the YS site are correct and the images on the YS site are correct. Hopefully it was just the early ones, and their documentation, that were messed up ??

Glad you've fixed your issue..

Just curious, this shop you've been dealing with, have they tried to shed any light on this?
    Last edited by bjr_93tz; 05-06-2014 at 11:45 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12