Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pattern Universe - RC Pattern Flying > RC Pattern Flying
Reload this Page >

When does 2015 Sportsman sequence become official and fully published?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

When does 2015 Sportsman sequence become official and fully published?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2014, 04:59 AM
learn2turn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When does 2015 Sportsman sequence become official and fully published?

I tried posting this on the nsrca mailing list but it's currently broken with respect to yahoo.com email address so I can only receive it, not post. So I figured I'd try this question here.

I noticed a proposed 2015 Sportsman sequence onthe nsrca.us web site. Does anyone know when this gets approved and when the rest of the info, call sheet, and Aresti would get posted?

In an effort to try to get more people in my club interested in pattern, I thought I'd laminate a few copies and hand them out at a club meeting. But I figure since the current sequence are only valid through this year, it would make more sense to print out the 2015 one when it becomes available.

-l2t aka Ken
Old 06-09-2014, 10:38 AM
SanJoseDale

Ken, The BOD should approve this sequence sometime in the fall. At that time we will publish the Aresti. I am fairly certain this Sportsman sequence will not change.

Dale
Sequence Committee
Old 06-10-2014, 07:14 AM
danamania

Hi Ken, I am our District 1 representative on the Sequence Committee so if you have any questions or feedback about the 2015 proposal, I am at your disposal. Good to see you at the Haverstraw contest last month. Please come to the Lehigh Valley for one of our contests in June or July, if you can make it down our way. Thanks for asking and good flying!
Old 06-10-2014, 11:25 AM
learn2turn

Dana,

I looked over the 2015 and it looks like the same moves in a different sequence. I mostly just want to print it out when it's available and put some copies in our monthly club raffle in hopes of getting other members interest in pattern.

I'm going to try to make Lehigh Valley if it fits in with logistical plan and planes. I have vacation time to burn so taking Friday for the drive down in practice is no sweat. I just have to see if the weekend is free.

Unfortunately the 46" Apera I flew at Havershaw got totaled in a mid-air last weekend. I've been practicing with my 48" EF Extra 300. It's not a bad pattern plane for a 3D design, I just have to be super light on the sticks, even with the throws on 50% with lots of expo. Still not much luck getting the 1.6m Monolog in the air. I had a minor crash several weeks ago that was easy to fix and tried to get it out this last weekend but found the BEC in the ESC failed so now I'm waiting on a new ESC.

-l2t aka Ken
Old 06-12-2014, 06:26 AM
big_G

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Now that I have memorized the sequence....they go and change it. Oh well. I'll start memorizing the 2015 Intermediate pattern now.
Old 06-13-2014, 06:23 AM
jetmech43
My Feedback: (9)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wish they would get the new power points done too..............................
Old 06-15-2014, 05:50 AM
danamania

Originally Posted by learn2turn
Dana,

...Unfortunately the 46" Apera I flew at Havershaw got totaled in a mid-air last weekend. I've been practicing with my 48" EF Extra 300. It's not a bad pattern plane for a 3D design, I just have to be super light on the sticks, even with the throws on 50% with lots of expo...

-l2t aka Ken
Hi Ken, sorry to hear about the Aspera. You may want to try reducing the throws and decreasing the expo on low rates on your Extra. For a 3D model, 30% might be a good low rate if it gives about 10-12 deg of throw (50% might be a good mid-rate). Then expo down around 30%, to suit taste. Too much throw with too much expo can be a handful for pattern flying. See you in PA.
Old 06-15-2014, 06:04 AM
learn2turn

Originally Posted by danamania
Hi Ken, sorry to hear about the Aspera. You may want to try reducing the throws and decreasing the expo on low rates on your Extra. For a 3D model, 30% might be a good low rate if it gives about 10-12 deg of throw (50% might be a good mid-rate). Then expo down around 30%, to suit taste. Too much throw with too much expo can be a handful for pattern flying. See you in PA.
Yeah, I have a DX9 which has flight modes so the Extra is set up with low for pattern, mid for mild 3D, and high for moderate 3D. I don't have enough mechanical throw for aggressive 3D as that's just not my thing. The big thing about the extra is it can really float. If I'm trying to fly pattern and get too slow, it stops making lines. I find the trick is moderate throttle.

I did get my 1.6m plane flying for three flights yesterday. It was too windy to really get much trimming done but now I can at least work on getting it set up right and get used to flying. It has a very different feel than my other planes. Maybe just because it's bigger but it's going to take some getting used to.
Old 06-18-2014, 01:24 PM
SanJoseDale

Originally Posted by jetmech43
Wish they would get the new power points done too..............................
What Power Points are you referring to?

Dale
Old 06-19-2014, 04:03 AM
jetmech43

The new power points for next year
Old 06-19-2014, 04:45 AM
danamania

We on the NSRCA Sequence Committee prepared the draft schedules for 2015 in Excel: Inquiring minds want to know where these Power Point slides that you are expecting to be updated can be found, so that we can manage expectations. We were not asked to prepare any Power Point slides for the pattern community (and we are all member volunteers). Thanks for asking and sharing.
Old 06-19-2014, 06:58 AM
jetmech43

Not that big of a deal makes it easier to see what the maneuver looks like when you try and practice it
Old 06-19-2014, 07:27 AM
SanJoseDale

Originally Posted by jetmech43
Not that big of a deal makes it easier to see what the maneuver looks like when you try and practice it
I think what you are referring to is called the ARESTI diagram. Although it won't be in a Power Point format, it will be published this fall once the sequences are approved.

Dale
Old 06-19-2014, 07:41 AM
learn2turn

There is also a powerpoint detailed sequence here -- http://nsrca.us/images/stories/curre...20-%202011.pdf It does provide good info on who each maneuver should be performed.

Looking over the 2015 sequence, there is only one maneuver that is not in the 2011 sequence, a 45 degree up-line instead of a vertical up-line. All the other changes are just re-sequencing. For all the other maneuvers, you could get the details of how it should be performed from the old power point.

The power point would just be gravy. The call sheet and Aresti are what I'm looking for so I can print them out and hand them out at a club meeting to try to get some others interested in pattern.

-K
Old 06-19-2014, 08:18 AM
Surefire
My Feedback: (1)

The Power Point that you are referring to is actually provided by the Judging Committee. We will swing into action on these PP documents after the BoD approves the new sequences.

Thanks