Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pattern Universe - RC Pattern Flying > RC Pattern Flying
Reload this Page >

D2 vs D3 Shootout October 11-12 2014 McDonough,Ga

Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

D2 vs D3 Shootout October 11-12 2014 McDonough,Ga

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 09:13 PM
vquick
My Feedback: (71)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default D2 vs D3 Shootout October 11-12 2014 McDonough,Ga

EVENT ​CANCEL The event will be held at McDonough Ga at Henry County R/C Club like before we will have the dinner Saturday night, entry fee is $35.00 that include dinner for pilot any extra person will be $5.00 hope to see you there so come down and lets have some fun.

Last edited by vquick; 10-01-2014 at 08:24 AM. Reason: Cancel
Old 08-27-2014, 06:12 AM
4ptrol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Victor,
I hope all those pilots in D2 get a lot of practice at the D1/D2 shootout. I'm sure D3 will be ready in Oct. Hope to see a good turnout this year.

Larry Kauffman
D3 NSRCA VP
Old 08-27-2014, 05:17 PM
svrcp
My Feedback: (1)

Guy three weekend in a ROW to contest will be hard to do this year. Will have to wait and see maybe If one of the guy in N.C. is going and I can make stop there and drive with them.
Larry you know better there no d2/d1 it's all D2 remeber what happen the first year. LOL They haven't been back since then.

Jr
D2
Old 08-28-2014, 02:44 AM
AmericanSpectre505

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

JR.., I am planing to go... I go back to work in two weeks... You can leave you're vehicle here at my house, if you want?

Bill Holsten
D-2

Originally Posted by svrcp
Guy three weekend in a ROW to contest will be hard to do this year. Will have to wait and see maybe If one of the guy in N.C. is going and I can make stop there and drive with them.
Larry you know better there no d2/d1 it's all D2 remeber what happen the first year. LOL They haven't been back since then.

Jr
D2
Old 09-28-2014, 02:58 AM
mazjag

Guys, what time to they usually start flying on Saturday?....I`m a newbie...thx...
Old 09-28-2014, 04:17 PM
vquick

Originally Posted by mazjag
Guys, what time to they usually start flying on Saturday?....I`m a newbie...thx...
Try to be there no later than 9:00 am Saturday we will start around 9:30
Old 09-29-2014, 02:53 PM
mazjag

Thanks, I`ll be there...Hope to do better this year. I was 4th out of 4 people last year,but got a better plane and now a feel of how it goes. I guess that I have to judge this time and I have passed the judge certification, but I still feel lost.....Its a lot of stuff...I`ll review the material and rely on you guys for tips...

Last edited by mazjag; 09-29-2014 at 02:59 PM.
Old 09-30-2014, 06:38 PM
ab5yy

Hey Victor,
Sure hope you have a great contest and wish I could be there. My wife
is having Full Knee Replacement done on October 6th so guess I better
hang around the hospital with her. Yall have fun and tell everybody
hello for Joyce, Jimbo and BOPOD......
Old 10-01-2014, 08:23 AM
vquick

Contest is cancel due a low turn out in the last contests and the low registration I decide to cancel this event
Old 10-01-2014, 04:19 PM
mazjag

If everything was more organized and people received emails etc.you probably wouldn`t have had to cancel the event...I won`t most likely be back out at any NSRCA events... I didn`t know this event was rescheduled until a week ago and only because I happened to look...good luck...

Last edited by mazjag; 10-02-2014 at 01:05 AM.
Old 10-02-2014, 06:22 AM
4ptrol

Unfortunately there are no existing systems that allow the CD's or the District VP's the ability to email each person in the district of changes to contest or the scheduling of new contest. We can only rely on what is in place. This contest was listed on the D3 web site and the NSRCA site. Contest are listed on the NSRCA web site as soon as possible. Most are listed at the 1st of each contest year after I meet with all CD's of up coming contests in the district. Changes or additional contests are added as I receive information. Victor worked hard to have this contest earlier but it did not fit into the D2 schedule and we do need D2 pilots. This time around D2 again has a contest one week after this event and because of the distance many would have to travel within D3 it just would not work. It is indeed hard to schedule a contest between two districts and make everyone happy. I would like to see more contest held in District Three but we have very few people who want to stand up and take on the work load that a CD faces. District three is made up of Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, and Puerto Rico. Pattern is alive in Florida, Alabama and Puerto Rico. I do have hope that we will be able to schedule a new contest in Tennessee this coming season. This contest could prove to be one not to miss and could start up some interest in Tennessee .. We need help in Georgia. We need someone who lives in Georgia that is willing to CD a contest. District Three has some great pilots. Pattern is great sport! Let's see if we can get all the states in District three active again. As NSRCA District Three VP I would really like to see that happen. We can't make it happen unless we all work together. I can't make changes unless I hear from you the members of District three.

Larry Kauffman
NSRCA D3 VP
Old 10-02-2014, 07:23 AM
klhoard
My Feedback: (10)

Originally Posted by mazjag
If everything was more organized and people received emails etc.you probably wouldn`t have had to cancel the event...I won`t most likely be back out at any NSRCA events... I didn`t know this event was rescheduled until a week ago and only because I happened to look...good luck...
After reading your pre-edit version of this post I have to agree that YOU are making the correct decision. Thank you.
Old 10-02-2014, 07:58 AM
mazjag

Yeah, after sleeping on it I thought it may need to be edited Keith....Rest assured I`ll take your advice ,but I`m not the one that canceled an event for lack of interest..So you telling me that doesn`t make much sense....I would take another view and see if I may have a valid point. I`m new, I`m interested and now I don`t want to do it anymore...Even went out and spent 2k on a Vanquish... It`s ok as I now have a bad ass sport plane.....good luck fellas....
Old 10-02-2014, 08:50 AM
shomenda
My Feedback: (2)

Larry,

Thank you for all your hard work as our VP. I've CD'd (and co-CD'd) the Tangerine Pattern Contest in Apopka over a period of 7 - 8 years, however, I decided to take 2014 off to concentrate on a jet project and attend GA Jets. I'm planning on returning to pattern flying in 2015. As most of the actively involved District 3 CD's are aware, organizing and running a successful contest these days isn't easy. My recipe for a successful contest calls for a cup of good weather, 20 - 30 pilots with at least 20 pre-registered before the event and a lot of help. For some reason or another though, it appears the number of pilots that pre-register for an event after the NATS and actually show up seems to be less than the numbers prior to the NATS. The NATS is the pinnacle of achievement in the nation. After that, all bets are off for the three or four District 3 events that follow prior to the Regionals. Unfortunately, it appears to me too many fellow pattern competitors are still on the outside looking in rather than volunteering their time and experience to lend a hand. It's what I refer to as the country club mentality. Show up and fly. Maybe judge a round or two. That's it! Sorry for the rant. Looking forward to a fresh new start in 2015. I don't know if there will be an RCACF Tangerine contest this December. No-one's stepped up to the plate.....yet. Not to my knowledge anyway. Too early to guarantee a March 2015 contest either.

Steve Homenda
Old 10-02-2014, 12:01 PM
4ptrol

Appreciate your work! you put on a good contest. It is normal to see the attendance drop after the Nats. We often called it NATS fever. I CD'd several contest while I lived in District 2. To be honest I never paid much attention to the pre-registration and at least 20 pilots always showed up. If you need help with the Apopka contest in Dec. I will happy to give you a hand. Maybe just maybe we can get a few District members to help also! PM me if you would like to talk over the event. We need to keep these contest going!!

Larry Kauffman
D3 VP
Old 10-03-2014, 02:23 AM
jetmech43
My Feedback: (9)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If everyone thats was planning on going to any contest, would go on NSRCA and pre register, then the CD could look and see who was coming, and make a decision to have it or not, an estimated head count would be nice to know. I dont think you have a member of NSRCA to pre register. Maybe thats why Victor cancelled it.
Old 10-03-2014, 06:33 PM
vquick

This is the thing for me to do this contest i have to take a day off from work without pay also i put my money to do the event that include trophy and the food for the dinner all that come from my pocket if we don't have quorum i lose money plus the club expect to get money from events without quorum I will lose money on this and im not in this for that.
Old 10-04-2014, 07:58 AM
mazjag

Victor, I don`t blame you as that doesn`t sound like a good deal at all. Its a wonder anybody does it ..I`m VP of our club so I know all about doing stuff for nothing.. My biggest problem I guess was how NSRCA communicates or doesn`t with members...Let me give you an example, this event got canceled for weather in March like 24-48 hrs. before it was supposed to start...I never got anything telling me that .What about the guys that got hotel rooms?..You have a registration list....Somebody can`t copy and paste and send out a blast...I found out on here .. When this event was rescheduled everybody that was registered before or everyone in district 2 and 3 could get an email telling them.. you can`t expect people to check the website everyday for stuff..They can always delete the emails..I raced BMWs and it was set up the same way into regions...We would always get emails communicating with us.. My 2 cents...Do whatever you guys want, but in 2014 most groups are not so disorganized...
Old 10-04-2014, 08:02 AM
klhoard

Originally Posted by vquick
This is the thing for me to do this contest i have to take a day off from work without pay also i put my money to do the event that include trophy and the food for the dinner all that come from my pocket if we don't have quorum i lose money plus the club expect to get money from events without quorum I will lose money on this and im not in this for that.
I'm with you, Victor. I ran a Helicopter Fly-In back in August and only had 9 pilots show up - 8 of them were local. Ugh. So there I was: CD of the event on the hottest day of the year (114F Heat Index), field shut down on a Saturday (NOT a helo club), more club members in attendance than registered helicopter pilots (cooks, officers, ect.), all to host one guy who drove over from Arkansas.
Good times I tell ya, good times . . .
So mazjag, I can tell you that Victor and all the guys who were planning on attending feel worse about this than you do. As mentioned above, folks interest drops off after the Nats (late July) and will begin to perk up next spring once we begin thawing out and guy have their new ships built and ready for maiden flights. The Florida pilots rub our noses in it all winter, but that's another discussion. All I can say I find some other pattern flyers in your area and start practicing / getting coaching for next year. There are some well attended contests in the spring that you can attend and hopefully your attitude about pattern flying will change.
The NSRCA doesn't host the local contests, individual pattern pilots do. Everyone here are highly paid (NOT!) volunteers. I think that NSRCA elections are coming up and many of the officers are term limiting out, perhaps you could run for one of the leadership positions on NSRCA and put in place a notification system like in your BMW racing org.
You have my vote!!

Last edited by klhoard; 10-04-2014 at 08:05 AM.
Old 10-04-2014, 08:23 AM
klhoard

Another option is to look at requiring all of our CD's register their pattern contests here: https://www.rcflightdeck.com/
I brought this up to NSRCA leadership a year ago, but they didn't wish to pursue it.
Old 10-05-2014, 05:51 AM
svrcp
My Feedback: (1)

Ok I was been thinking, yes I know that scares me too.As a CD it's hard to prepare for the amount of pilots that will come out. We plan all year long then we had the weather to deal with, getting help form our club member to run the event. I would like to know how many pilots plan on coming to event but I DON"T count on the PRE-REGISTRATION. In the past I've problem using the Pre-Registration on the NSRCA site,and have heard it from other pilots too. It's not the best but it's what we have in place. As a CD we always put our contact where ever we post our events. Many time the day before the contest I'll be getting call asking about hotels,field localtion, and the for ever forgining or not so forgiving WEATHER. If we are planning on going to a contest please let the CD know that way we can relay any change to you.

Jr Varela

P.S.
On Oct 18-19 there is a contest at Green Sea S.C.

Last edited by svrcp; 10-05-2014 at 06:29 AM. Reason: posted in error not done
Old 10-05-2014, 12:01 PM
4ptrol

The March contest was cancelled due foul weather conditions forecast for the area. Forecast that are a week or more out can be wrong so as a CD you wait hoping for the best. As district members and flyers we have the responsibility to stay informed. If the forecast looks bad contact the CD. Find out what is going on. JR is correct the CD can't help you if he doesn't know you are planning to attend. The District 3 web page allows anyone that is attending to register. Your contact information is part of the registration process. We can't contact you without it.

Larry Kauffman
NSRCA VP D3
Old 10-07-2014, 07:15 AM
klhoard

Larry,

Any chance you guys (NSRCA leadership) can look at using RCFlightdeck for our contests? You guys are always wanting ways to expose the rest of the RC community to pattern and that website would post all of our contests for everyone to see, not just in our scattered, secret locations.
Old 10-09-2014, 05:27 AM
4ptrol

Keith,
It seems to me we actually did try to use RCFlightdeck but a issue came up. This was awhile back so I don't remember all the details. I'll bring this up at the next board meeting and get back to you on this when I have the facts.

Larry
Old 10-09-2014, 07:04 AM
klhoard

Originally Posted by 4ptrol
Keith,
It seems to me we actually did try to use RCFlightdeck but a issue came up. This was awhile back so I don't remember all the details. I'll bring this up at the next board meeting and get back to you on this when I have the facts.

Larry
Did anyone contact the owner of rcflightdeck, or did we just quickly abandon that idea and go back underground? I'm sure he is trying to build his website and would appreciate the feedback. As it stands now, even I have trouble finding when and where pattern contests are being held. Some districts list theirs on the NSRCA website, while District 3 keeps ours on a Google Spreadsheet.
If its difficult for someone who's been flying pattern for almost 20 years to find contests, no wonder the "sport flyers" find it impossible.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.