Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Contra Powered BJ Craft Nuance

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2014, 07:03 PM
KLXMASTER14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Contra Powered BJ Craft Nuance

I spent this weekend getting familiar with my new (to me) Contra powered Nuance. It is really a precision instrument, and a big step up from my trusty Vanquish. Thanks to Tony F, I am going to finish out the season with this exquisite aircraft, and see where it takes me next year as I move into Masters and FAI competition. It is the first airplane that I have flown where the control of the yaw axis is of equal quality to the other two axis. I'm really looking forward to flying the wings off of this bird!

Regarding the Contra Drive, I will never have another pattern airplane without one. Beyond the cancellation of torque/P Factor/Spiral Flow/Whatever you may call it is the elimination of the right thrust of the single prop drive. The advantage of the symmetry of the thrust line during rolling maneuvers and KE was immediately obvious.

What an awesome combination of airframe and propulsion system!

Robert
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20140802_095644.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	359.5 KB
ID:	2030084   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140906_120334.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	386.5 KB
ID:	2030085